AVIC411.com

EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK AT AVIC-F90BT!

Supposedly the one I have on order is coming with 2008 maps. They offered me a free upgrade from the 2007 to the 2008 and that they would do it prior to shipping. Well still haven't seen it and they tell me its delayed because of the 2008 maps upgrade.

I don't know if I believe them or not, something tells me they are the 2007 maps and hope I wouldn't notice.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly the one I have on order is coming with 2008 maps. They offered me a free upgrade from the 2007 to the 2008 and that they would do it prior to shipping. Well still haven't seen it and they tell me its delayed because of the 2008 maps upgrade.

I don't know if I believe them or not, something tells me they are the 2007 maps and hope I wouldn't notice.

how u get a free upgraded disc. my house isnt even located on my d3

They tried to sell me 2008 maps for an extra $199.00 when I said no, he told me he was authorized to let me have them for the same price since I was a returning customer (brought my D3 from them). So I dont know if I am getting true 2008 maps or they were just saying that to get me to shell out more cash. This was purchased through Broadway Photo in Brooklyn, NY.

NOOOOOO! Do not buy ANYTHING from those people! Go to this topic and read everything, especially the link leading to the better business bureau.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14796

Broadway photo is just another alias used by this scam company. They bait you with super cheap products, then after you order they try to force you to buy unnecessary or sometimes non-existent extras at super inflated prices. And when you tell them you don't want any of their extra stuff, you item somehow gets conveniently held up because it's on back-order, when it was in stock at the time you ordered it.

Anyway, if you haven't ordered from them yet, DON'T. Stick wit a known, authorized dealer. A lot of times when a seller's price is way too good to be true, that's because IT IS.

At this time Pioneer doesn't know how the new F units will get updated navigation data and referred me to TeleAtlas.

I spoke with the peeps at TeleAtlas and was told that while they do distribute updates to their business partners quarterly it is up to their partners to format the data for use in their devices and referred me back to Pioneer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...