AVIC411.com

Why is the CD-IB100II sold out eveywhere?

I called most of the major retails and small local shops and they said that the CD-IB100II is sold out/back-ordered/ or they are not going to get anymore. Anyone know what's the deal? Are they going to come out with a new ipod interface? I just can't really seem to find one locally and even online they are sold out at most places. I don't want to risk buying one only to find out they are coming out with a new one. This is for the Z3 btw. Thanks

Apparently theyre discontinued because they only work with the older models, and who buys those, right? I was in the same situation. I had just bought an avic-d1, and I couldnt find them anywhere. Even though people replied to my thread and claimed theyre dirt cheap at frys and best buy... ...theyre dirt cheap because theyre clearanced and no one has them. Ive been to several, even called around. Infact one person on ebay who was selling them works for a best buy outlet!

The annoying thing is now USED they go for way more tham MSRP new on ebay... ...theyre missing parts, may not work, and have no return policies. But I was patient. I wasnt going to fall for their crap. I called bestbuy and they sent me here: bestbuypartsearch.com. They sell it for slightly higher than MSRP, plus you have to pay shipping. But I would just got to amazon or circuit city and sign up for their emailing service that will email you when its availible. But when you get that email, buy it fast, because twice it was availible in the morning, but whenever I made my descision in the afternoon it would be sold out again.

I was lucky however, some person on ebay was selling theirs with all the parts for buy it now at $30 +$11 shipping... ...I had been watching so many auctions, I knew they werent going to be any cheaper online. So I bought it now, and it was only listed for one hour before being sold to me

The CD-IB100II is STILL used for the Avic Z2/Z3 models. It is a current piece. They weren't selling at all when they first came out, they were over$100 at first 2 years ago, so Pioneer dropped production to nil. Then when Ipod hookups became the rage last year, they dropped the price to about $50 or less, and all the stock got bought up. And yes, this is also the only "retro" Ipod adapter for older P-bus models as well. Pioneer has ramped up production again on this piece, but they are being snapped up at an overwhelming rate.

I am a Pioneer dealer, and my distributor just got some stock back in, and I was only able to purchase ONE of these for a demo van I have. They are already sold out of stock again, with more on order. Be patient, more are on the way.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...