AVIC411.com

VIDEO REVIEW OF AVIC-F90BT

As promised, here are the first two videos of the AVIC-F90BT! I will probably record one or two more, like a highway and downtown one, but I'm open to suggestions.

You will need quicktime to view these movies. (Full Quality)

City Navigation/Voice Command/iPod/XM: http://avic411.com/files/CityDemo.m4v (175MB)

Demo of MSN Direct: http://avic411.com/files/MSNDirect.m4v (25MB)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome review. Thank you so much for doing that. :D

Now I am really going to have a hard time waiting for this thing. Anyway, does it still have logos for POI that overlay the maps for like McDonalds, etc? It's the little details that I get the biggest kick out of. Thanks again man, this place rules.

Awesome review. Thank you so much for doing that. :D

Now I am really going to have a hard time waiting for this thing. Anyway, does it still have logos for POI that overlay the maps for like McDonalds, etc? It's the little details that I get the biggest kick out of. Thanks again man, this place rules.

Yes, you can make any POI appear on the map, and a new feature, you set the zoom level required for it to display.
Very informative videos, Jason! Thanks for taking time to make and post them. Am I seeing correctly that when in 3D mode the nav automatically zooms in when approaching a turn, then zooms back out after completing it?
Yes, that's correct. It's called "smart zoom" and you can set how far it zooms in and out.
i would love to see more phone features, receiving and calling a contact.
That will be in the next video.
can you set personal photos for your contacts in the head unit?
No
does the unit alert you when text or voicemails are receive?
The iPhone does by playing the alert tone over the stereo, whether other phones do or not, I don't know.
Jason, do you remember on the d3 when it said you have reached your destination and you are about block away? has this been improved on the f series?
I don't have VSS connected, and it's only about 100 feet off. Not as bad as before, but if your totally lost, you'll probably end up at the house next door. ;)

Speaking of POI's, does the 3-d option feature "signs" on little posts that show the branding (i.e. like the golden arches, etc) like on the Z-series?

Also, isn't it possible to drag the map around on the screen on the Z-series so that you can get a quick peak of what nearby restuarants are a street or two over? Can you drag on either 2-d or 3-d of the F-series?

I was about to purchase a D3 last month. But I had this gut feeling to hold off and just as I did I checked out your site and found the Avic F series was just about to be released. I just hope they come to Canada within a reasonable amount of time. Usually when new products come out Canada gets the short end of the stick before it comes up here.

I really liked your vids they were very informative and it was good to see the unit in action.