AVIC411.com

VIDEO REVIEW OF AVIC-F90BT

Im going to assume that is either a typo or it's referring to jump drives only, not HDD drives. If not, that is very slim support for a standard like USB.

Both US and Europe User Manual says:

USB - 2GB

SD - 8GB

I'm thinking it'll be useless for them to have USB if it doesn't support more than 2Gb. :cry:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully it is a typo... preferably on the G side of things. Got a terrabyte external filled with all sorts of goodness i wouldn't mind taking my entire collection with me from time to time when my 80 gig iPod just isn't enough selection... 2TB support at all a possibility on an HU in this day in age?

First off I just want to say thanks for reviewing this. I have a few questions regarding this unit, hopefully not too overwhelming. I currently own a D3, it seems that this unit addressed all the issues the D3 had and more. Questions as follows:

1 - Does pressing up/down on the joystick in AM/FM radio mode switch between station presets? It was annoying not having up/down hard-buttons on the D3.

2 - I know the center button is for voice command, does this mean you cannot quickly switch between sources by pressing the center button anymore? I'm guessing you could just switch source by speaking

3 - Can you hook up an external HDD (non-flash memory) via USB and play music/videos? Wondering if it can read NTFS formatted drives. I know this might take you a while to test as you might not have an adapter for the external HDD. I basically just want to be able to hook up a huge 500GB external HDD and play videos off of that.

4 - Does a Keypad stay in place during a phone call so you can press buttons while listening to your voice mail? With the D3, after the call has been connected, the keypad dissapears

5 - What voice commands are available during a call? If you pressed the center joystick, or does it hang up or do something else?

I think that's all I have for now. Thanks for your time.

1.No, it does not change presets. There is now a preset left/right touch button.

2.Center button does not change sources, only activates voice command when pushed in.

3.Yes, but I did not have any luck with NTFS, I had to use a FAT32 to get it to see it.

4.No keypad.

5.Can't remember, sorry, I want to say nothing?

All other 2008 Pioneers only support 250 GB of music. I doubt you will see support for more than that out of the Fs

hopefully it is a typo... preferably on the G side of things. Got a terrabyte external filled with all sorts of goodness i wouldn't mind taking my entire collection with me from time to time when my 80 gig iPod just isn't enough selection... 2TB support at all a possibility on an HU in this day in age?

I am new here and don't want to offend anyone, but this is directed at the skepticism of omniphoenix...

I have used Edge Audio here in Az and love their honesty and input. The fact that he put himself in a position to help you out with good advice does not warrant the blah, blah, blah response from you.

I am really excited about the f90 and was a little upset when he told me the same thing, but looking at some of the early responses from some of the people who have f series decks. Can you really say he was wrong?

His message to you was probably similar to what he has been telling everyone... Wait for the glitches in this deck to be worked out and then pull the trigger. Even if the voice command was perfect for the new models listen to the other issues that are coming up.

I just want to be clear in that I am standing up for a good honest shop here in Phoenix and not trying to knock anyone here, just be patient and see if there are indeed problems with this deck.

Jason, how long does it take for the F90BT to boot up from key on to fully loaded?
To fully load, it takes about a minute. For audio, it will resume after 15 seconds or so. Pioneer has told me my pre-production unit is slower then the retail ones though, but I can't verify that.
1.No, it does not change presets. There is now a preset left/right touch button.

2.Center button does not change sources, only activates voice command when pushed in.

3.Yes, but I did not have any luck with NTFS, I had to use a FAT32 to get it to see it.

4.No keypad.

5.Can't remember, sorry, I want to say nothing?

Thank you!