AVIC411.com

VIDEO REVIEW OF AVIC-F90BT

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new here and don't want to offend anyone, but this is directed at the skepticism of omniphoenix...

I have used Edge Audio here in Az and love their honesty and input. The fact that he put himself in a position to help you out with good advice does not warrant the blah, blah, blah response from you.

I am really excited about the f90 and was a little upset when he told me the same thing, but looking at some of the early responses from some of the people who have f series decks. Can you really say he was wrong?

His message to you was probably similar to what he has been telling everyone... Wait for the glitches in this deck to be worked out and then pull the trigger. Even if the voice command was perfect for the new models listen to the other issues that are coming up.

I just want to be clear in that I am standing up for a good honest shop here in Phoenix and not trying to knock anyone here, just be patient and see if there are indeed problems with this deck.

I see one guy in this thread saying he has bugs in his 700BT, so where are you seeing these "early responses"? I haven't really heard about these probelms from Jason with his F90BT and his unit is pre-prod. Just seemed a bit shady a guy from a store I'd never heard of, that is supposedly the beta test team for Pioneer Premier (which is in itself kinda hard to believe), telling me they're not even going to carry this new deck everyone is psyched about, then try to upsell me on 2 other older and higher priced decks sitting in his inventory. This is even more difficult to believe after watching Jason's videos demonstrating a pre-prod unit.

You may have had a good experience with these guys (hell, you may even be these guys posing on the net), but to anyone who's not a mouth-breather you have to admit it sounds kinda fishy. It has caused me to wait and hear more about these units before I jump on one, but I still have yet to hear anyone else backup his claims.

As promised, here are the first two videos of the AVIC-F90BT! I will probably record one or two more, like a highway and downtown one, but I'm open to suggestions.

You will need quicktime to view these movies. (Full Quality)

City Navigation/Voice Command/iPod/XM: http://avic411.com/files/CityDemo.m4v (175MB)

Demo of MSN Direct: http://avic411.com/files/MSNDirect.m4v (25MB)

Im trying to watch these vids and my comp will pop up a screen saying its downloading but nothing ever plays. I do have quicktime on my comp. HELP ME!

As promised, here are the first two videos of the AVIC-F90BT! I will probably record one or two more, like a highway and downtown one, but I'm open to suggestions.

You will need quicktime to view these movies. (Full Quality)

City Navigation/Voice Command/iPod/XM: http://avic411.com/files/CityDemo.m4v (175MB)

Demo of MSN Direct: http://avic411.com/files/MSNDirect.m4v (25MB)

Im trying to watch these vids and my comp will pop up a screen saying its downloading but nothing ever plays. I do have quicktime on my comp. HELP ME!

I'm guessing you're trying to watch the videos by just clicking on the link. Does a new window open with the quicktime player and nothing happen? If this is what's happening, more than likely your connection is just slow because the entire video gets downloaded to your system before it starts to play. Try right-clicking on the link and selecting 'save target as' and select a location on your system to save the video to. That way you can at least see the download progress.

Mike

3 - Can you hook up an external HDD (non-flash memory) via USB and play music/videos? Wondering if it can read NTFS formatted drives. I know this might take you a while to test as you might not have an adapter for the external HDD. I basically just want to be able to hook up a huge 500GB external HDD and play videos off of that.

3.Yes, but I did not have any luck with NTFS, I had to use a FAT32 to get it to see it.

What is the interface and browsing options when playing music and movies off of media besides Ipod? (SD card, HDD, etc)

Will it properly list and break down the authors, albums, songs with their mini pictures (assuming ID3 tags are correct) just as it would when reading from the Ipod?

Same goes for video?

basically is browsing and playing media any different (or worse) when playing off a HDD then an Ipod?

Lastly, since Ipod video resolution is 320x240 (ipod classic) and the f90 is 800 x 480, can you encode, store, and play movies at 800 x 480 from the Ipod onto the f90? Is there noticeable quality improvement?

Thanks

I don't remember reading, but does this have to be bypassed to use dvd functions or no need to worry about that? I will be ordering mine Monday. upgrading from the D3

no you can still use the DVD and Navi well the car is not moving, what the bypass does it allows u to have a Video on well driving, which the only real use for that would be if someone else in the car was watching it

I spoke with a Pioneer Nav Tech a few days ago about the maximum capacities and was told that indeed the SD is limited to 8GB but that the USB was working presently up to 32GB and may be better later.

He couldn't confirm that the capacity will eventually be increased up to 250GB like previous models, or that it will be upgradable through the SD card, only that it might be possible in the future, maybe.

I am personally more interested in using a large capacity Ipod so that I can take advantage of the voice recognition system. I hope that it works as well as they advertise. My F90BT should be here tomorrow and I am anxious to experiment for myself. 8)