AVIC411.com

VIDEO REVIEW OF AVIC-F90BT

I don't remember reading, but does this have to be bypassed to use dvd functions or no need to worry about that? I will be ordering mine Monday. upgrading from the D3

no you can still use the DVD and Navi well the car is not moving, what the bypass does it allows u to have a Video on well driving, which the only real use for that would be if someone else in the car was watching it

The biggest reason I bypassed my D3 had nothing to do with video... it was all about unlocking the GPS functions while driving. Like another user mentioned, you can't change the route or type in a destination unless you're in park (or your unit is bypassed).

Thankfully, Pioneer has remained relatively inviting when it comes to ease of bypassing these units (they are very easy to bypass)... and I think Wizzard was trying to ask if the new F-series units will be as easily bypassed as his D3. I'd like to ask the same question. Anybody have any insight on this issue?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully, Pioneer has remained relatively inviting when it comes to ease of bypassing these units (they are very easy to bypass)... and I think Wizzard was trying to ask if the new F-series units will be as easily bypassed as his D3. I'd like to ask the same question. Anybody have any insight on this issue?

Check this thread, three below the one you posted in:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15663

Thanks. Still seems easy to me...

It wasn't 3 below the thread I was posting in when I posted it. I may have past it by, disregarding it because it was a bypass for the bottom-rung 700 model.

In my defense (because I know you added the 'three below the one you posted in' comment to tell me to use the search function), I wasn't actively looking for a bypass for the models... I was just reading some comments on the Premier 90BT model to see if it was worth $100 more than the 900BT

Is it possible to change from english to metric system?

The United States has had years to switch to the metric system and we have not come very far at all...

Oh, you mean the nav units? Oh, why yes! Go to Settings from the main menu, then "Nav Settings" and then choose "Regional Settings". You can then choose date format, meters/feet, etc.

Is it possible to change from english to metric system?

The United States has had years to switch to the metric system and we have not come very far at all...

Oh, you mean the nav units? Oh, why yes! Go to Settings from the main menu, then "Nav Settings" and then choose "Regional Settings". You can then choose date format, meters/feet, etc.

LOL mikinnj!

I can't decide. I don't really use the Hard Drive, so I don't care about that... but how much faster does the HDD work? Is it much smoother ? (as far as Navigation mainly) How much different is the "look" of the couple Nav Views that the F90BT DOES have? Any pics? Thanks

My car recently got broke into and they damaged my D1. Insurance gave me 2 options: 1. replace with a D3 or 2. pay $80 and get a F900BT. I chose option 2. What do you all think? I only paid $423 for the D1 a year ago

Take option 2; sell the new-in-the-box F900 on Fleabay; buy a new D3 from an authorized dealer, and then party with the 300 bucks you'll have left over. :mrgreen:

My car recently got broke into and they damaged my D1. Insurance gave me 2 options: 1. replace with a D3 or 2. pay $80 and get a F900BT. I chose option 2. What do you all think? I only paid $423 for the D1 a year ago

Take option 2; sell the new-in-the-box F900 on Fleabay; buy a new D3 from an authorized dealer, and then party with the 300 bucks you'll have left over. :mrgreen:

WINNER!!!!