AVIC411.com

VIDEO REVIEW OF AVIC-F90BT

Yes, you can use NAV in the front seat while playing video on a rear. But it is not DUAL ZONE. You can't have 1 AV source playing up front and another in the rear. But you can use the nav while the source is still playing.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be one of the reasons the MSRP on that unit is $500 more than even the highest tier F-series unit.

The 6610 is a competitor with the Z series, to which it is nearly identical, not the F-series.

• 4 weeks later...

The Jensen VM9022 has everything except voice recognition:

DVD

Ipod

Bluetooth (with onscreen keypad)

Picture in picture (for using multiple features simultaneously)

SD card

USB

RCA aux ins

2 remote controls (from back seat)

Nav -optional box (though soon to be integrated in head unit)

XM/Sirius - optional box

Bigger screen than F series

TV tuner

And yes, Multi Zone!

Now, for under $400 at cartronixplus.com (Crutchfield still $699)

Don't laugh at current Jensens. I had the last unit and it rocked...and worked! I'd still be using it if some Ahole didn't try to steal it from my car.

I had the VM9021TS. You are right, it worked perfectly as advertised. Unfortunately, NAV was not anything that was advertised for any Jensen unit.

They may have upgraded by now, but the add-on NAV was beyond horrible. Dual Zone is nice, but rendered useless when in NAV mode, because it shuts off every other function of the unit. Didn't even allow the audio source to continue in the background.

IPOD was nice, but not nearly as integrated as my D3, much less the F series.

The Jensen is under $500 for a reason. Don't get me wrong, if that is your price range and navigation is not on your priority list, it is a great multimedia unit. It's just not comparable to the D or F series.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...