AVIC411.com

Normal "OFF" behavior for AVH-P4000DVD?

I'm hoping a fellow Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD owner can help out with a lingering question I have - what's the normal behavior when the "OFF" on-screen button is pressed on the source menu screen (or alternatively, when the "SCR" button on the left hand side is held down)?

When I use the "OFF" button on the source menu (or hold down the "SRC" button), my P4000DVD shuts off the backlighting on the left hand buttons, but the display presents a screen with a single "OFF" button in the top left hand corner of the screen. Pressing this new "OFF" button, turns the button backlighting back on and switches the display to the source menu.

Shouldn't the display itself shut off (short of pressing the "DISP OFF" left-hand button) when I use the "OFF" button from the source menu or am I missing something.

I'm certain the unit is wired correctly - the iPod, XM, FM, AM, and DVD functions work perfectly and I don't have a parking brake bypass installed or any kind of funky wiring setup. I hope my question makes sense.

I'd really appreciate any input that could be offered, thanks in advance!