AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Compatibility

Just wondering if there is a list of phones out there that will work on this unit. I was very close to purchasing/installing the Avic D3 only to realize that it did not support the Palm Treo 755p.

I realize that the unit hasn't been released yet, but figured maybe there was some sort of list out there.

Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if there is a list of phones out there that will work on this unit. I was very close to purchasing/installing the Avic D3 only to realize that it did not support the Palm Treo 755p.

I realize that the unit hasn't been released yet, but figured maybe there was some sort of list out there.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know, but as Pioneer is now using the Parrot bluetooth technology, I would expect it to support the same phones as Parrot, see:

Click:Parrot compatible phones

I also looked at that list... The URL points to one specific model from Parrot, not sure if that is what is used in the Avic F or not. Also that is for the UK, phones maybe different in the UK and USA.

May just have to wait till the unit is released to public to verify it actually works....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anyone confirm that the Palm Treo 755p works with this unit, as it hasn't been compatible with previous units.

Not sure if anyone has tested yet or not...

I tried my treo 650 and it didn't work. I have a Verizon xv 6800 and it works, before that I had a Samsung i760 and that worked as well. From everything that I have been reading the xv 6800, the mogul, and the Cingular Tilt are the same phones made by a company called HTC, so if any of you guys/gals have these phones they should work.

Hope this helps.

Here's an on going list from Avic fans who input their experiences of their personal Bluetooth phone compatiblity with the D3l

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... phone+list

That list saved me from purchasing a D3, a few months back. I have the Palm based OS , looks like people whom have the Windows based OS have had success.

I would've figured since this is a whole different Bluetooth system, maybe the Palm based OS would've worked.

Not sure you can really compare the two or not?

I have a Treo 755 also but I've given up on using it with anything except the most basic bluetooth devices. I've loved the Palm OS but I hate to admit that the Palm OS platform is dead.

I'll be getting the Treo 800w in 2 weeks once it comes out which should work just fine with the F90BT ;)

I have a Treo 755 also but I've given up on using it with anything except the most basic bluetooth devices. I've loved the Palm OS but I hate to admit that the Palm OS platform is dead.

I'll be getting the Treo 800w in 2 weeks once it comes out which should work just fine with the F90BT ;)

Have you tried pairing the 755 with the F90BT? The phone didn't work with the D3, however the Pioneer now uses a Parrot chip I believe.

Got my new F700BT a couple of days ago. Unit works well, but when I tried to load my contact list from my Samsung Blackjack, it gave me an error message (like "no phone number") and wouldn't load. The phone does pair up with the F700BT and works great, just can't dial from the contact list. I'm going to get a new phone soon - thinking about the new IPhone. Anyone know if it will work?

Have you tried pairing the 755 with the F90BT? The phone didn't work with the D3, however the Pioneer now uses a Parrot chip I believe.

I can't try yet... I'm still waiting for my F90BT :( I think I'll be getting the 800w BEFORE my F90BT finally shows up. I wish Pioneer would just start shipping the units again. I have no issues with doing a firmware update once it comes out!

I decided to just get the F900BT instead of the F90BT because it was available and I didn't feel like waiting anymore. I'm using my factory amp so I didn't need the 4v pre-outs and I already have an iPod composite video cable.

Anyways, I tried to pair my Treo 755p with the F900BT and had no luck at all. I tried pairing the two in a number of different ways. The phone and the F900BT can see each other but they fail to connect. Oh well. I'm sure the Treo 800w will work with it once it comes out next week.