AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Compatibility

I tried to pair my Treo 755p with the F900BT and had no luck at all. I tried pairing the two in a number of different ways. The phone and the F900BT can see each other but they fail to connect. Oh well. I'm sure the Treo 800w will work with it once it comes out next week.

Scratch what I said! I was messing with bluetooth while sitting in traffic on my way home this evening. When I stopped for gas I stopped the engine. When I restarted the engine, the F900BT rebooted of course. After about maybe 2 minutes, maybe less... I wasn't really timing it, all of a sudden the bluetooth light lit up on the unit and it said 'phone connected' or whatever on the screen. I was surprised! I was able to make a call and it worked. I was told that there sounded like a lot of popping noises though from my end of the call. I have not tried to copy addresses over yet. I still have a few things to try out. I do know for a fact that when an SMS message comes into the phone a notification does NOT show up on the screen.

So it looks like basic hands-free talking works with the Palm Treo 755p.

Well that is great to hear! If you do not mind could you keep me updated on anything else you find out that works or doesn't work. I am not to concerned about the whole SMS msg appearing on the screen. My main concern was the phone being able to connect to the device and making a phone call.

The clarity of the phone call may be cleared up once Pioneer comes out with their update. Lets hope atleast.

Thanks for the update, and taking time to test!

...The clarity of the phone call may be cleared up once Pioneer comes out with their update. Lets hope at least...

In my case, the terrible outgoing sound quality was cleared up with a mic swap. I no longer believe that the bluetooth is bad. I soldered a mic from a Motorola car kit to a 2.5mm TS connector and all my calls sound great. Just like any other bluetooth car kit.

Both of my Nokia's work fine with the 700bt and only have a few minor hiccups.

1. When raining really hard the other end hears lots of popping ( I suppose due to the echo cancelation trying to deal with all the backround noise)

2. No incoming SMS notification on either handset. (I'm guessing a Series 60 incompatibility)

3. 6620 won't transfer contacts at all due to the 700bt needing to be connected to the phone as a handsfree device and the phone needing to create a second connection to transfer data (which this particular phone is not capable of. Only one connection is allowed when an audio connection is present)

Hi,

my Sony-Ericsson W580i worked right away: established BT connection, able to make/receive calls and transferred all the contacts at first try.

Voice quality of receiving calls is good. Voice quality when calling seems good but I need to test a little bit more. To start I had the echo off and my voice came through clear with a little echo of course.

--stoca