AVIC411.com

Best Buy Online - Lousy Price Match policy

I bought my D-3 at BB Online on May 20th for $699. Circuit City has it on sale now for $599. I called BB Online to get a price match. I was told they will not do this for any competitor. They will only price match their own stores.

This is a lousy price match policy. They have lost me as a customer forever. I will no longer even bother shopping their store/web site for pricing. In case you're shopping for a D-3, I want to let you guys know before you make the mistake I did.

Darryl

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kinda your fault for assuming that they did, really. I don't think I've ever heard mention of Best Buy advertising or promoting any sort of price matching policy ever.

Well, they have one as do most retailers. After this happend, I did a web search on their price match complaints and discovered a huge number of complaints. Interestingly, they will price match competitors before you buy, but not after (for online purchases). I will lose $100 on this, but they will untimately be the looser. My yearly purchases from them are typically $3K or so. It will go elsewhere now.

Darryl

What was the price at Circuit City at the time you bought it from Best Buy?

Circuit City and Best Buy were the same price when I bought it ($699). A couple weeks later CC dropped it $100.

Darryl

so then no1 would make the same "mistake" you did, cuz its cheaper at circuit city now :wink:

Yes. And to be aware of this policy for any future purchases through BB Online.

Sorry this post has turned into a "shopping" post instead of a D-3 post. I would like to say I'm fairly pleased with my D-3. Aside from the BTB200/AT&T Tilt compatibility issues, I like it alot. I was able to work around the bluetooth/PDA issues by using JetWare. The only annoying thing I've notice is the lag time when changing channels on XM. It's sorta slow. But the price on this unit makes it a bargin and I can live with the slow channel changes.

Darryl

What was the price at Circuit City at the time you bought it from Best Buy?

Circuit City and Best Buy were the same price when I bought it ($699). A couple weeks later CC dropped it $100.

Darryl

so then no1 would make the same "mistake" you did, cuz its cheaper at circuit city now :wink:

Yes. And to be aware of this policy for any future purchases through BB Online.

Sorry this post has turned into a "shopping" post instead of a D-3 post.

Darryl

ya, im sure this should be in the 'off topic' category but whatever. and for the record, i dont even own a D3, i have a z1 wit a z3 drive. but you made it seem like you expected $100 back because circuit city put it on sale, AFTER you bought yours from best buy. and that policy doesnt even make sense cuz they should be all selling the same stuff for the same price, so to compete with another best buy would be pointless. but maybe you can package everything bak up , make it look unused, trim the wires and shit to look unused, and if they take it back, go to CC , buy the d3 and u get ur $100

best buy matched CC for me, all we did is go online and show the price on cc.com...they hooked me up, but i think that after you've used the product, they will charge you restocking fee on certain items (i know my wife's Garmin unit they did) so it could be pointless to return and rebuy from like a different BB and ask for price match.

If i was in that situation i would definately return the item just for the point and go buy the new one at circuit City. Why would they not Price match.Most places price match up to three weeks i believe. Hell where i work you have 30 days to return an item/ take care of price matching situation. As for me i would return it just for principal. Big buisnesses should realize that we are consumers and the only reason that their buisness thrives is because of us so in turn they should treat us a little better. So they loose $100 for not price matching but just by the gentleman putting that on this forum how many people are not gonna buy a d-3 from them??? For them it is/was a horrible buisness decision. I can understand if it was over 30 days....sorry for the rant

If i was in that situation i would definately return the item just for the point and go buy the new one at circuit City. Why would they not Price match.Most places price match up to three weeks i believe. Hell where i work you have 30 days to return an item/ take care of price matching situation. As for me i would return it just for principal. Big buisnesses should realize that we are consumers and the only reason that their buisness thrives is because of us so in turn they should treat us a little better. So they loose $100 for not price matching but just by the gentleman putting that on this forum how many people are not gonna buy a d-3 from them??? For them it is/was a horrible buisness decision. I can understand if it was over 30 days....sorry for the rant

From what I've experienced, most store's price match policies will not match another store's price if the item is "on sale" or is a "clearance item"... they'll only match it if the other store's normal selling price is lower than their normal selling price.

regardless, youre all missing the major point.....he wanted a price match 2 WEEKS AFTER HE BOUGHT THE D3!!! wat store will refund him the balance 2 weeks after the purchase!!! thats why i said wrap back up like it was brand new. and return it, because best buy will return opened items and long as it has everything it came with....so get ur money back, and then goto circuit city, and buy the d3 for cheaper!! end of useless topic