AVIC411.com

Sirius Display Functionality

this was getting buried in the other thread:

Question for Jason: Can you tell from the manual whether or not the Sirius interface shows two lines of text (using the SB10 and Sirius SCC1) or just one like how it does with the D3. I plan on getting the 90BT next week ASAP and would like to have Sirius but will go back to XM if the interface for Sirius is still crap. Thanks.

I second this.

3rd.

Does anyone know the answer to this one?

Also, my Pioneer Sirius tuner is the original one made (SIR-PNR1) and does a fairly pathetic job when it comes to displaying characters. Do the new tuners do a better job? (CD-SB10, SC-C1, etc.)

Don't know the answer to your question on the F-series yet, but on other models, the SCC1+CDSB10 combo gives you the exact same display as the SIRPNR1/2...No improvement

I am guessing it will still be crappy on the F-series, but have my fingers crossed that I am wrong :(

Bummer, this might keep me from buying it.

I'm going to have a screen that gorgeous, but that's crippled in how much information it can display about my primary source of listening?

Given that Sirius has 5M listeners compared to XMs 7M, it's not like it's a small market they're completely ignoring.

OMG! My old Kenwood single DIN player using the SIRIUS connect add-on showed me 3 lines of information... I dont understand why Pioneer would do this AGAIN and their new line-up!

I saw in the manual that instead of connecting the the SIRIUS connect kit to the CD-SB10, you could connect an external DOCK ... I wonder how this would interact together!!! would you loose all control from the headunit? ... this would at least give multiple lines of display

I'm a bit PO'ed myself. I really like Sirius music channels over XM, and I've had XM for a bit over 4 years now and have been listening to various Sirius channels played at the gym during my workouts and enjoy them much more than XMs. I can not believe that Pioneer would go through the trouble of releasing a new Sirius interface and still bottleneck it with only 1 line of info at a time. And god knows that there won't be any firmware updates to fix this, ever. Oh well. Time to go buy another 920XM (Sold my old one with my D3 when I planned on going with Sirius this time around).