AVIC411.com

HDTV tuner for the F series

No, every USB tuner has its own set of drivers, and the F-series doesn't have drivers for that USB tuner. I would say it's safe to say the F-series doesn't have drivers for ANY USB tuners and the F700BT won't even have a built-in MPEG2 decoder which would be required because ATSC broadcasts are in MPEG2.

You would have to reverse engineer and hack the OS to make it work. Seeing as how the F-series supports MSN Direct, I'm guessing these run Windows Automotive 5.0, but who knows?

No, every USB tuner has its own set of drivers, and the F-series doesn't have drivers for that USB tuner. I would say it's safe to say the F-series doesn't have drivers for ANY USB tuners and the F700BT won't even have a built-in MPEG2 decoder which would be required because ATSC broadcasts are in MPEG2.

You would have to reverse engineer and hack the OS to make it work. Seeing as how the F-series supports MSN Direct, I'm guessing these run Windows Automotive 5.0, but who knows?

Well, I kind of figured as much. Just wishful thinking I guess. Thanks.

Friend of mine just hooked up a digital tv tuner box (sd) and has it hooked the av input on his Z2 to receive digital television.

With the voucher for the box his total for the project was like 9 bux.