AVIC411.com

popping noise from speaker

looking up your wiring it depends on who installed your radio. i have installed many radio in that vehicle and never had a problem. plus you dont want to remove that amp with the factory speakers still in place. the factory infinity speakers are at a 2 ohm load to low for the avic. the recomended ohm load on the avic is 4 -8 ohms. you would have to put in a 4 channel amp or remove the amp and replace all the speakers. plus removing the output of your speaker will be lower at any volume. if you can remove the radio. i can go over the install to insure that it is installed properly. so it took awhile to respond.
  • 2 months later...
[quote name="brachoza"]looking up your wiring it depends on who installed your radio. i have installed many radio in that vehicle and never had a problem. plus you dont want to remove that amp with the factory speakers still in place. the factory infinity speakers are at a 2 ohm load to low for the avic. the recomended ohm load on the avic is 4 -8 ohms. you would have to put in a 4 channel amp or remove the amp and replace all the speakers. plus removing the output of your speaker will be lower at any volume. if you can remove the radio. i can go over the install to insure that it is installed properly. so it took awhile to respond.[/quote]

I have a '06 Hyundai Azera with premium Infiniti sound system; just installed the Z1, and have the same loud popping noise when I turn off ignition; I used the speaker wires from the Z1's power harness (as opposed to the RCA connectors on the RCA harness); is this correct? It sounds OK (except for the popping, and a constant lo-volume hiss that's present no matter what I'm playing, including nothing at all!)