AVIC411.com

Got my F700BT installed

I don't think I am seeing any corporate Icons.

Additionally it doesnt seem possible to activate the msn direct stuff. Oh well.

Going through it online it never is able to finish and calling MSN Direct was a waste of 30 minutes..

Thanks for the response! Looks like Pioneer took another step back in removing the cool little corporate icons. That really sucks about the MSN Direct though. Both of them are doing it too?? Looks like we're gonna need a "Problems and Troubleshooting" subforum for the F-Series now.

That first pic is because the ipod is trying to index each and every thing you have on your ipod for voice activation...thats why it takes so long. If you let it go through that process once, then go into the menu and turn off "VR catalog," it won't do that anymore. I guess thats for people that add songs to their ipod every day it needs to index them for voice activation. As for the second pic, I have no idea...

Here's a couple pics that I could manage before it got too dark. The first pic shows the message that appears for about 5 minutes straight right after bootup. Bootup also takes a good 40 seconds or so. The other one is the error message that happens everytime more than one POI comes up in a search.

2557495926_37d5a9b5ba_o.jpg

2556671733_ec13ab9da4_b.jpg

Not Fun Times. I'm going to try and return this thing to the shop and use the money towards the 90BT.

Thanks! One of my biggest gripes was how freakin long it took to get the thing to load up the iPod. Now I'm MUCH more happy to own this unit. Now all I have to do is try to exchange it for another one that does NOT have navigation problems.

Hey Mike,

You mentioned that movies looked awesome on your 700. Are you able to play DivX? It doesn't say on the Pioneer site that the 700 supports DivX, so I'm assuming you're playing movies through your ipod?

No that was through the USB stick. I think they were mostly WMV/MP4.

Also, I agree about the bootup time. I'm really starting to miss by D3. The thing booted quickly, looked great, and no REAL bugs. Some quirks, yes, but no OS issues.

The slow boot may be an issue for us. These things may end up coming out. We'll give it a few days and see if we can get used to it but its a real pain to wait for it if you are going to use the nav.

So from the time you get in the car until the phone pairs is close to two minutes. That's unacceptable, the last thing I want to do while entering my car on a call is try to start the car, buckle my seat belt, turn around to back out of a space and pay attention to everything else that's going on, all while holding a phone to my ear.

I'm at a loss for how Pioneer continues to miss the mark with their implementation of features. The ideas a great, but then they totally screw up the final product. :evil: