AVIC411.com

installed my F90BT tonight

Got a call from the local stereo shop at noon today and went and picked them up. I put one in my Ford Focus and my wife's Jetta. So far I am VERY happy. They added intersection routing!!! This was my biggest gripe about the Z2 I had before (I work ems calls and am often dispatched to an intersection).

Will post some pics soon.

Bypass doesnt work though :(

So far ok. I had it reboot once in my wife's car when I was playing with bluetooth settings but I am not sure if that was related to her car cycling the power (its off of a canbus adapter) or if it actually crashed/rebooted. Will keep an eye on it.

So far I like them a lot. One thing is that they take a lot longer to boot up than the Z2s did.

I have the ipod adapters working with out iPhones and our XM installed so far.

I've got mine installed in a Jetta as well with a CANBUS adapter. Though, there is no way that could cause the problems that I have been having. I had my D3 on the same adapter with no issues as well as a Kenwood DNX5120 for a little while. This 700 has not been good to me.

EDIT: Also, do your iPods take like 3-5 minutes to become useable each time the unit boots?

They told me yesterday there weren't expecting them till the end of the month. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a Kenwood instead. I got a call today after they showed up. Apparently they were not expecting them at all.

I am not complaining!!

I would guess they should start showing up everywhere fairly quickly now that they are moving.

A lot of comments about iPOD not available for a while when booting up. This is because system is indexing music for voice commands.

Question for people who have received an F series unit. Did it come with an operation manual ? All I got was a piece of paper that said you can download the manual or purchase it. Gives Pioneer web address and phone number to Pioneer customer service.

Messed around w/ a 700 today, and I agree. If you don't want it to take so long, just go into the menu and change the "VR Catalog" That way it won't index each and every time you power up, will only remember the voice commands from the time before and the ipod will be available right away

A lot of comments about iPOD not available for a while when booting up. This is because system is indexing music for voice commands.

Question for people who have received an F series unit. Did it come with an operation manual ? All I got was a piece of paper that said you can download the manual or purchase it. Gives Pioneer web address and phone number to Pioneer customer service.

I picked up an F90BT today and just opened the box. No manual like you said, just a quick start guide.

Thats pretty crappy of Pioneer to cheese out on a printed manual. How many people want to print out a 192 page manual. Not having a physical manual in your hands when trying to learn how to do something can be a major pain in the ass.

I'm actually glad they didn't include a manual, I typically look at it one time, and after that don't touch it again. 192 pages x 10,000 units is a lot of wasted paper.

I just wish they would have done something like what Apple did with the iPhone and post video walk-through tutorials on their website that explained everything. Posting those BEFORE the release would have built a lot of marketing buzz, and would have educated owners.

also sucks that the F90BT's manual isn't online yet either. it would have been nice to at least get an cd rom version.

i usually like to keep my manual in mint condition and read and print out the pdf instead, but would have liked to have had something included besides a link. lol

The 900 manual is up already. They operate nearly identical so you can look at that one if you want to start studying up

also sucks that the F90BT's manual isn't online yet either. it would have been nice to at least get an cd rom version.

i usually like to keep my manual in mint condition and read and print out the pdf instead, but would have liked to have had something included besides a link. lol