AVIC411.com

Couple of questions....

1) Anyone know if the voice recognition works with making calls with an iPhone (not working for me).

2) Screen splash --> I'm trying to change the background and it's not working. I'm doing it thru USB and it just locks up. I changed the image size to the recommended settings and kept it under 15MB....still not working.

3) Error keeps appearing that says parking brake sensor is improperly installed. Might simply be that it wasn't installed correctly, but just thought I would throw this out there in case anyone else has this problem.

4) Every once in a while ALL audio just simply stops working. I have no idea what is going on here. Any ideas?

The unit is not too bad. I thought I was getting MSN Direct and was told wrong I guess. Other than that the voice recognition for music is actually great. So far it understands just about anything I throw at it. The ipod controls work great for the iPhone (not sure about others...5th question --> what are the FULLY compatible iPOD's for this unit (including video). It does take a little while to load up every time (2 min) I turn on the car, but it's not that big a hassel b/c the radio comes on while it's loading. I hope this thing can be upgraded with a software update via USB or SD or something, but I'm not sure....Navigation in the unit is great (even tells you when your speeding), but it would be MUCH better if I had MSN.

I welcome any questions and appreciate any answers... I give this thing a (7/10) so far.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no problems changing the wallpapers. I do have the annoyance of the iPod taking forever to become usable as the voice software has to sit there and scan the damn thing everytime.

Had several random reboots, etc. We can only hope for a FW update and FAST.

BTW, what iPod cable are you using? The PC one or the official 230 one from Pioneer.

Couple of questions....

1) Anyone know if the voice recognition works with making calls with an iPhone (not working for me).

2) Screen splash --> I'm trying to change the background and it's not working. I'm doing it thru USB and it just locks up. I changed the image size to the recommended settings and kept it under 15MB....still not working.

3) Error keeps appearing that says parking brake sensor is improperly installed. Might simply be that it wasn't installed correctly, but just thought I would throw this out there in case anyone else has this problem.

4) Every once in a while ALL audio just simply stops working. I have no idea what is going on here. Any ideas?

1. I was told this was just a issue with my pre-production unit. I spoke to Pioneer, and they said they are working with Apple to get this resolved ASAP.

2. No problems with my splash screen, importing from a USB Flash Drive.

3. Yeah, same issue, thought it was a pre-production glitch.

4. Never had that problem.

I did that too but then I put it back to normal and I still get it. my wife's was wired per the instructions (didn't attempt bypass) and I get it there too so there may be a bug. Seems fine after you click ok.

It's really starting to anger me with how many things that Pioneer seems to have messed up with right off the bat with these units. They're so close to being perfect. I miss my D3 now. Even though the iPod interface was slow, I never had the thing freeze on me or pull any weird crap.