AVIC411.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to burst anyone's bubble. I had an F90BT installed Friday. Mine has all of the same bugs. Don't expect the F90 to be that much different.

- Voice command of bluetooth connections - nonexistent / doesn't work.

- Sound quality of bluetooth connections when they do work - CRAPPY / AWFUL -- way worse than Motorola headset, that's for sure.

- Bypass doesn't work. Just bypassing the parking break doesn't cut it. There's a speed-sensitive component as well. Curious as my understanding is that the F-series doesn't use the VSS. However, above about 5 mphs, all of the features you want gray out.

I'll keep probing...

Pioneer better have a firmware update out, and QUICK. None of this "in a year" bullshit. I don't know how they could screw up the bluetooth calls. I mean, my BTB200 was crystal clear, and then they go license technology from Parrot, supposedly the market leader, and now everything is crappy. So sick of Pioneer getting it so close to perfect, but the closer they seem to get, the bigger they F up.

Right now, I'm almost tempted to get another D3.

Hearing that the 90BT is having similar issues is a bit unnerving.

Is anyone else having the same issue where when your listening to the bluetooth, you're hearing a lot of little electronic pops and skips when dialing out, etc?

I completely agree, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do, but right now there's no way the F Series will satisfy me after being spoiled by the RNS-E in my Audi.

I wonder if trying a Parrot mic instead of the crappy Pioneer one would help with voice quality on the other end?

Good thinking about the Mic! I mean, I can hear the other end as clear as day so who knows. Also some further observations:

-My unit always has either a "Out of Memory" error pop up or freezes/reboots when searching for POI. However, everything goes just fine if I search for a POI using category mode instead of using the "search" button at the bottom left of the POI screen. Does anyone else have a similar problem when using search. Like, my results come up, but as soon as I try to browse them or go into them further for info, after a few seconds, it either freezes up, reboots, or gives me the error and then freezes some more. Also, the GPS warning will only come up on startup if the Nav was your previous screen or you were in the process of naving somewhere.

Also, when going into album view for the iPod and looking at the tracks for each album, the tracks are always listed alphabetically instead of being in their proper orders. Can't figure that one out. Maybe it has something to do with using the PC usb cable.

If I can atleast get the POIs to not freeze, the ipod to work in order (Hopefully the Pio cable will fix, and the outgoing BT sound quality to improve, I'll be a mildly satisfied camper.

Also, today, I found that the TTS for street names, etc is not working. On my trip it just said the basic directions, no highway names, etc. Also, could not recognize traffic circles or jug handles, just called them right and left turns.

When i'm on the map & palying songs from a usb drive, the audio skips, its like trying to do multiple things on a shitty computer that can't process the information fast enough or lack of RAM can't operate multiple programs at the same time. If i just have it on the usb menu then it plays fine. My question is does pioneer put these units through any kind of testing process or what?

Also i have the LG rumor(crap phone), The bluetooth worked flawless with my Pioneer FH-P800BT head unit. With this unit i can get my phone to connect and even download my contacts, but when i make a call, the audio just keeps playing and my phone is calling but not sound from the radio except the music which dosen't stop playing. I tested my friends iphone and it worked like a champ.

So i guess its my phone, but i would think the bluetooth from the FH-P800BT would be the same since their both 2008 units.

My last complaint is the boot time for this unit, is it just me or does it take like at least 3mins for this thing to completely boot up?

The iPhone connects perfectly and dims the radio on que, but he call quality is horrible. So trust me the bluetooth is terrible even with the iPhone. As for Pioneer putting this thru testing, I seriously doubt it. The boot time is also pretty bad. My unit also takes about 2-3 min to boot up. I mean some of my driving is less than 5 min, so it is quite annoying that by the time I reach my destination my unit has finally completed booting up.

Is there any way to bypass the speed sensitive thing? You can't fix any of your settings when your moving. My installer bypassed the parking brake, so I get the same note about incorrect install that everyone else is getting. You can't dial on the phone pad or fix the settings when your moving, you must be stopped... that's dumb! Help fix?

Also, i have a 700 and I haven't received any PC looking error pop ups. (prob. just jinxed myself!!)

Is there any way to bypass the speed sensitive thing? You can't fix any of your settings when your moving. My installer bypassed the parking brake, so I get the same note about incorrect install that everyone else is getting. You can't dial on the phone pad or fix the settings when your moving, you must be stopped... that's dumb! Help fix?

Also, i have a 700 and I haven't received any PC looking error pop ups. (prob. just jinxed myself!!)

Well nearly all nav systems have a lockout while in motion so thats nothing new. The reason why you get the error message is because your installer did the bypass wrong based on what is correct on a previous unit. There is no bypass for the F series yet. So what has been done to your unit is futile. It is expected that a correct bypass will be discovered as soon as someone discovers it. It will be on this site at that time.