AVIC411.com

Is there any way to bypass the speed sensitive thing? You can't fix any of your settings when your moving. My installer bypassed the parking brake, so I get the same note about incorrect install that everyone else is getting. You can't dial on the phone pad or fix the settings when your moving, you must be stopped... that's dumb! Help fix?

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102007#102007

This may be it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but before, like on the D3, that warning only showed up when you went to actually use the nav, now it shows up upon starting the system, regardless of whether or not you even go into the nav menus. A small annoyance.

My D3 did it every time I turned on the system. It was annoying. Perhaps it's b/c I bought one of the later versions. I bought it just 1 month ago, then returned it when I realized new ones were coming out.

That startup message was hardwired into the D3 and there was nothing you could do to remove it. That's how the majority of in dash GPS nav units are set up. I don't see why the F-series would be any different.

• 2 weeks later...

-My unit always has either a "Out of Memory" error pop up or freezes/reboots when searching for POI. However, everything goes just fine if I search for a POI using category mode instead of using the "search" button at the bottom left of the POI screen. Does anyone else have a similar problem when using search. Like, my results come up, but as soon as I try to browse them or go into them further for info, after a few seconds, it either freezes up, reboots, or gives me the error and then freezes some more. Also, the GPS warning will only come up on startup if the Nav was your previous screen or you were in the process of naving somewhere.

Also, when going into album view for the iPod and looking at the tracks for each album, the tracks are always listed alphabetically instead of being in their proper orders. Can't figure that one out. Maybe it has something to do with using the PC usb cable.

I am having both these problems. This memory leak seems to make the GPS portion of the head unit to crash since the audio and BT is still fully functional.

Also I am using the Pioneer cable for my ipod and seeing the same results too. Have spoken to pioneer directly and they are working on a fix for al of this. Guys name was CLARK. I suggest that we just calling the pioneer NAV support directly and keep hammering them with these problems.