AVIC411.com

Anybody interested in a possible group buy for the F90BT?

Just wanted to gauge interest on a possibility of a group buy from Al & Eds that is located in Los Angeles. I am in contact with the owner and asked him about a special price for a group buy on the premier edition F90BT (no discussions on the other models like F900BT) and so far he does not want to give a price without knowing how many buyers are involved. I guess he just wanted to know if it is worth his hassle which is understandable.

How I envision it to work is that I am going to ask the owner of AL & Eds to ship it to you anywhere you are in the US, but if you are local and willing to pick it up you could do that too. Payment would also be directed to him and not one person handling it, which is easier and all you need to do is to contact that said person and say that this is for the AVIC411 group buy. So if anyone is interested please post in this thread and we will see if this idea is possible.

IMHO, it is better to bargain with the seller if there are a lot of us versus one customer (who does not really have a good bargaining leverage). So speak up and lets hear it from everyone :D

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, so far we have 5 people counting myself that wants 6 of this bad boys.

So what I did was I called the owner of the Al & Eds place in Los Angeles again and told him that so far we have 5 and kinda asked him about pricing. He said that he is working something out for us and he is familiar with this web forum of Pioneer AVIC enthusiasts. He wanted me to call him back on Monday to find out how much of a discount for all of us. I emphasized to him that for this deal to come thru it should be a nice discount and not some kind of $10 or $20 off kind of a deal. He understood and he said for me to call him on Monday for the price. In the meantime for those who are interested to join in, let your voices be heard by saying so in this thread.

About the warranty, it should not be a problem since Al & Eds is listed as an authorized Premier dealer.

Thanks again and please be assured that my interest here is just like anyone else which is to get a significant discount on this expensive gadget and be able to enjoy it without leaving a big hole in my pocket.

I'd be interested if the price is right. Do they have them in stock ?

They are not yet in stock and he said he will know by Monday on the specifics of their arrival. He was getting conflicting shipment dates and did not want to elaborate until he gets confirmation. As with the price, lets all cross our fingers that he could come out with an excellent if not a decent deal. We will all know by Monday. :)

In addition to the F90BT, I would also need to buy a Metra install kit, Metra wiring harness, and PAC unit (to integrate my Bose system). IMHO maybe the savings he gives us, he can make up some of it on the accessories some of us may need. Have him factor that into his price reduction on the F90BT :wink: .