AVIC411.com

A few questions about the F90BT

1. If I were to connect a USB hub to the USB input, would everything still function normally or will the unit become confused and not know what to do? Like if I had an ipod and a USB hard drive, and hooked both to the F90's USB input through a USB hub would both still work normally?

2. Ipod video playback... I don't know if the new ipod cable works around the Apple chip video lockout issue on the ipod classics... but if I have a 5.5 gen ipod hooked up using the new ipod cable, do I still have to use the ipod to start video playback (like with the D3) or can this be done straight from the F90 without having to touch the ipod now?

3. What's up with some bypass info? Has anyone made any headway on figuring out how it's done yet? From what I've read it seems nobody has.

1. The manual says a USB hub can not be used. I would try it anyway and see what happens.

2. Ok, there is no Apple Auth Chip in the Apple cables. That is a speculation that serviced on the net when no cables be it Apple or otherwise would work with the 6th gen, 2nd. gen nano, iphone, and touch devices. All Apple did was change the pin order of the dock and it requires a new cable. The manual of the F series says all ipods minus the iphone are compatible with the Pioneer cable for both audio and video. And yes, it does appear to have a complete video browser unlike the D3.

3. I am itching for this info as well, someone will guinea pig this and figure it out, I hope.

1. The manual says a USB hub can not be used. I would try it anyway and see what happens.

No big deal if it doesn't, I guess... I mean, you'd only be using an ipod OR a hard drive... I don't see any reason why you would need both. I was just curious.

2. yes, it does appear to have a complete video browser unlike the D3.

YES YES YES YES! That, aside from the 4volt preouts, is the best news about this unit yet.

3. I am itching for this info as well, someone will guinea pig this and figure it out, I hope.

*crosses fingers*

When my unit arrives I plan to look closely at the open holes on the harness and see which holes line up with unused pins on the unit. I am hoping there is not more then 1 or 2 possibilities to try. That is if someone else doesn't find it first.