AVIC411.com

For those with F's in operation -

I'm needing to pull the trigger but I'm having second thoughts based upon the comments in the F series threads.

My dealer tells me he's got my F90bt on the shelf waiting for me to come in. After reading the comments posted here by those of you who have installed an F series regarding the bugs/problems with its operation/start-up/blue tooth/navigation - I'd like to know whether you would still go with the F series or go with the Z3.

If anyone can comment on their experiences with both, that would greatly be appreciated.

^ Actually, they've all got some problems... You can tell that just by reading through the topics on this board. But you could also say the very same thing about the D3 when it came out (and still can, lol) And people are still buying it.

I am considering returning both f90bt and going back to z2

this is not good news as I will be switching from a Z2 to the 90bt. Now i'm not sure if I want it anymore. Maybe i'll wait to install it until the bypass/firmware comes out.

I am considering returning both f90bt and going back to z2

this is not good news as I will be switching from a Z2 to the 90bt. Now i'm not sure if I want it anymore. Maybe i'll wait to install it until the bypass/firmware comes out.

I'm considering jumping off a building... you shouldn't let that discourage you from using the elevator.

I am a fist time poster and new to the in dash Nav community. I have recently put an order in for a 900bt, but i am nervous about it after reading the posts. It seems there are a lot of problems with these ealry realeased units. Is this normal for first releases? Will they be able to fix all of the bugs through a firmware update? It seems like a lot of money to pay for something that doesn't work very well. Also, for everyone that has one semi working, I noticed in Jason's video review it would say 1 comma 2 miles instead of 1 point 2 miles; does yours do this too or does it give you an option?

i dont own the unit, but i think its very likely that you cannot change the 1 comma 8 thing.

In Europe (and likely everywhere else besides the Western countries, when you write mileage etc....you write 1,8....they mostly dont use a decimal point.

I spoke too soon earlier as I was very very frustrated after talking to a tech at Pioneer. He has since called back an apologized and I am less frustrated so let me take back what I said.

There are quite a few issues. I expect that from a first run early release of a product. What irked me was being told one of the errors was normal and that all of their nav units do this.

The error I am speaking of is the parking brake error where it is complaining that an error in wiring is detected. We get this in both cars every time we start driving. It comes up once and you click ok then you are ok till next time it restarts. This is annoying but can be lived with if they fix it. He was quick to dismiss me saying it is normal and all their nav units do it after I told my Z2 units did not do this. My parking brake wire is connected properly and even after this error you can still see the buttons become avail and go away when you put the brake on and off so its working. Anyways he managed to hang up on my after putting me on hold but later called and apologized and said I was right so I feel a bit better.

Other issues so far is some random reboots, one unit lost a few settings today for no reason, bluetooth isnt working too wel, and over all sluggishness of the entire interface. I expect they will have new firmware out soon though as I was told my the stereo shop today that they spoke to their rep and Pioneer is aware of these issues.

To sum it up I apologize for jumping right to saying I am going to return them. There are some issues but it will be working out shortly I am sure.

I will add that after playing with it more I do plan to replace the z2 in my truck with an F90 or F900 but I will probably wait to see some of these issues fixed first. I am installing an F90 in a Friend's truck in a few days as well.

I am a fist time poster and new to the in dash Nav community. I have recently put an order in for a 900bt, but i am nervous about it after reading the posts. It seems there are a lot of problems with these ealry realeased units. Is this normal for first releases? Will they be able to fix all of the bugs through a firmware update? It seems like a lot of money to pay for something that doesn't work very well. Also, for everyone that has one semi working, I noticed in Jason's video review it would say 1 comma 2 miles instead of 1 point 2 miles; does yours do this too or does it give you an option?

Can anyone with one already install answer this?