AVIC411.com

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree... I wish I had upgraded my hard drive before I put so much music on it. When I feel like getting a hard drive to play with, I will check to see if I'm able to copy the music files from one to the other. Otherwise, I'm not starting over.

You can save your music/address book and update to z3 maps and software.

You would need to buy an unlock license to unlock the original drive. The License is about $43.

If you are unable to do this yourself, I charge $50 to use the license to unlock the drive, turn off security, update the software, update the maps, and return ship via USPS priority in the USA. I will turn around in less than 24 hours.

You will be without navigation and frills, but the AVIC-Z will still operate as an am/fm radio while your drive is being upgraded.

You will then have the ability to upgrade to any future maps with ease once the original drive is unlocked and security has been turned off.

I can also put your music on a new faster larger hard drive if you prefer, but your original will still need to be unlocked.

• 1 month later...
^%^, yeah but many of us have tons of music on our HDD thats not only a hassle to replace, but no longer able to since it was either a borrowed CD or tough to find MP3, etc.

I thought buying the map update only replaces the mapping on a Z1/Z2. The music partition should remain untouched. No? :?

I won't waste a dime on the new update.

We did the 2007 map update and Teleatlas is backwards - there are SO MANY errors that DID NOT exist with the original map data that was installed with the unit.

We contacted Teleatlas about all the errors that didn't exisit prior to the upgrade and they asked to send in information about the errors. There is just TOO much to deal with this. It's just a money grab!

• 2 weeks later...