AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 700bt that was supposedly bypassed by the installers. They added a switch that was supposed to bypass the parking break and allow me to watch video, access navi, phone...Anyhow, I relocated the mute wire and grounded to factory ground wire location, but left the parking brake wire alone. I figured they already grounded it with a switch. I played video off of my ipod and the bypass worked fine. Drove past 15mph...worked fine. Phone dial pad worked, navi worked...I thought everything was going good. Then all of a sudden, the whole radio shut off. Turned the radio back on, ipod wasn't recognized, so i unplugged the ipod and plugged back in. Then ipod started working again and I played the video again. Worked fine, but a couple of minutes later...same thing...radio shut off. Repeated the same steps, same result. Radio even shuts off when I'm parked watching video w/ parking brake down. Any thoughts on what could be going wrong? The bypass "switch" is in the position to simulate ground(I think this is what the switch is supposed to do). Why would it work fine, and then after a while not work at all? Should I try resetting the unit? Thanks in advance for any insight into my problem!

Update: I grounded both the relocated mute wire and parking brake wire. Video will play from the ipod for about 10-15 minutes before the whole unit shuts off. I was able to play video off of the SD card and from a flash drive with no problems. So the problem occurs only when playing video from the ipod.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...