AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

Scratch that. I am lame and I suck :)

I went and checked again because I couldn't accept it not working. I didn't get the white plug back into the radio fully. All good and bypassed now!

Making progress. Now just need a firmware update and I will be happy.

The bypass does work on the F90bt. I will be doing the one in my wife's car shortly.

yeah i hooked my 90bt and drove around and it was good. but, haven't gone more than a mile or 2. do you have a lot of miles on after the bypass? hope we are good to go.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CANT WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT IN CANADA!!!!

I am waiting impatiently.

Btw, does anyone know when it is planned on being sold in Canada? My friend works at Best Buy, and I gave him the SKU number that was posted somewhere on avic411.com and it does not even say on his system when the arrival is expected....

Thanks for the input.

p.s. Great job bypassing the system - definately helps with the whole experience of a nav/dvd player.

I'm super excited about the bypass being discovered.

Would it be possible to write step by step instructions. I know there are here, but for someone as bad as this as I am, need a little more help. Questions include...

How do you move the wire to a different pin?

When you mean ground, you mead just attach the wire to the incoming ground wire, or maybe even a part of the chassis?

Sorry, I stink at this!

HELP!!!

From WIRE SIDE of small white plug

Mute wire (YEL/BLK) is in upper row, left pin

Move this wire to lower row, 4th pin from the left (empty pin between 2

black wires)

Is this what plugs into the radio?

the pin directly below the mute wire does not work

Why is this important to know? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Ground YEL/BLK & LT GRN and you're good to go

You're welcome...

On the white (RCA) harness, move the black/yellow wire from position 1 to position 2. Then ground both that wire as well as the parking brake wire. That's it.

Would you just strip off some of the black/yellow coating in the middle of the wire and attach a wire from that to the chassis?

Thanks.

i am curious about what actually goes on when you bypass the unit. Why does removing the (mute?) wire and placing it in another spot bypass the unit. Also, why does grounding the parking break make the unit think that it is engaged?

one more thing... are you sacrificing anything by rewiring the unit from what it normally would be?

By the way. After bypass is done, you dont get the friggin Parking Break Error message. Yahoooooooo!

All functions work while in motion, bluetooth dialing, gps adjustments, etc. as if you were stopped with the parking brake engaged.

By the way, I am a Pioneer dealer and can ship anywhere in US and Canada for the 700 and 900 units.

thanks, Have only a few in stock so far...

Its for factory testing. You can use any wire to stick in the magic bypass hole but most people don't ever use the mute wire, so its convenient because it has the correct size connector already on it. You have to ground the parking brake. You don't lose anything, only gain the ability to do all features in motion

i am curious about what actually goes on when you bypass the unit. Why does removing the (mute?) wire and placing it in another spot bypass the unit. Also, why does grounding the parking break make the unit think that it is engaged?

one more thing... are you sacrificing anything by rewiring the unit from what it normally would be?

By the way. After bypass is done, you dont get the friggin Parking Break Error message. Yahoooooooo!

All functions work while in motion, bluetooth dialing, gps adjustments, etc. as if you were stopped with the parking brake engaged.

By the way, I am a Pioneer dealer and can ship anywhere in US and Canada for the 700 and 900 units.

how much are u selling it forr??

One thing that has bugged me when people use the mute wire to bypass a D3 is when the customer comes back in to have the bluetooth module installed. You now have an empty pin where the mute wire should be... easy fix though :)

not an issue for the F series since the BT is built-in

how much are u selling it forr??

Just pm me, since they are slowly coming in 2-3 at a time, I dont want to create a false impression about availability and/or cost. Also I need to calculate shipping for each buyer, so include shipping zip or Canadian postal code when inquiring. We use DHL and ship from zip 33186 so you can get an idea on shipping costs.

Thanks,

Jeff

www.totalautoprotection.com

www.smartgpspro.com

One thing that has bugged me when people use the mute wire to bypass a D3 is when the customer comes back in to have the bluetooth module installed. You now have an empty pin where the mute wire should be... easy fix though :)

not an issue for the F series since the BT is built-in

The BT unit for the D3 doesn't use the mute wire. It mutes the D3 through the IP-BUS cable.