AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

thats the answer i was looking for :D I'll try this bypass when I get mine in and let you guys know if it works.

btw does anyone know where I can get a wire diagram for connecting my Nissan harness to the Pioneer?

with all honesty go and buy the connector dont hack up your harness, Unless its already cuto off go to the wrecker and cut one out for your car and just reatach it.

If youd rather splice and dice what car, year, model do you have Nissan is to general

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bypass works just fine....did it yesterday...but it was kinda funny...the place i had gotten it installed...the guy had already grounded the wires that needed to be grounded for the by pass...only thing that needed to be done was moving the mute wire to the correct pin hole...

works like a charm though...no more parking break message or anything...picking routes on the go is dope...and dave chappelle's for what it's worth kept me going last nite when i didnt feel like driving!!

Hey guys,

I know this question has been asked on here so I apologize in advance. I recently got the f90bt installed and my local stereo shop offered to bypass. They bypassed, however, the video cuts off when the car goes over 15 mph.

Is this because they grounded the parking brake but forgot to relocate the mute wire to the correct pin? If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks.

mine was like that too...i could have a vid playin as long as i didnt go over 15mph...i'm not sure if all of the units are like that or not...but like i said in my previous post all that needed to be done for me was moving the mute wire to the correction location...everything else was already grounded...

Hey guys,

I know this question has been asked on here so I apologize in advance. I recently got the f90bt installed and my local stereo shop offered to bypass. They bypassed, however, the video cuts off when the car goes over 15 mph.

Is this because they grounded the parking brake but forgot to relocate the mute wire to the correct pin? If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks.

its your mute wire. the parking brake tricks it into thinking the brake is up anbd the mute wire mod bloks it from reconizing your in motion. take out the mute wire and the thing knows your moving and locks you out.

From WIRE SIDE of small white plug

Mute wire (YEL/BLK) is in upper row, left pin

Move this wire to lower row, 4th pin from the left (empty pin between 2 black wires)

the pin directly below the mute wire does not work

Ground YEL/BLK & LT GRN and you're good to go

You're welcome...

My installers are refusing to do this once I get my new f series deck... If I move the mute wire, will the grounding be done by my installers without them knowing that its to bypass the deck?

Basically all I want to know is if I can do the mod on the deck before i take my car in for them to replace my D3 with the F series. Thanks

You can move the mute wire, and splice the mute wire and parking break wire into the harness's ground wire, that way when they hook up the unit's ground wire, it will then be bypassed. BUT, if they are firmly against bypassing the unit, they WILL know what is going on because one of the steps required to install it is to attach that parking brake wire to the parking brake switch.

So basically, you CAN do the bypass before they install the unit. And they will know that it's bypassed when they install it. The question is, what are they going to do when they discover this?

You could always have them install everything, and then take an hour one day and do the bypass yourself afterwards.

Thanks HiFiSi. Having just joined this forum today I have already noticed you are a great contributor to this community!

Problem is I don't want to rip apart my dash, so doing it after is not really an option. I think if I do the bypass myself they won't have a problem with it since they didn't do it. But if I understand correctly they won't be hooking up a wire to the parking break like they are supposed to because instead I have grounded that wire?

I am never soldered any wires or done any of this kind of stuff before, so what needs to be done for the bypass seems complicated to me even though it is probably simple.

All you need is a couple if wire tap connectors and use them to attach the two wires to the radio's ground wire. Then use a small pointy tool to pull the mute wire pin out of the white harness, and reinsert it into the empty slot one position down and 4 positions over. Here's the type of connector you need. You can get them at any hardware store.

6053995.JPG

All you need is a couple if wire tap connectors and use them to attach the two wires to the radio's ground wire. Then use a small pointy tool to pull the mute wire pin out of the white harness, and reinsert it into the empty slot one position down and 4 positions over. Here's the type of connector you need. You can get them at any hardware store.

6053995.JPG

haha notice how theyre showing a positive spliced into a ground......big no-no :shock:

Its for factory testing. You can use any wire to stick in the magic bypass hole but most people don't ever use the mute wire, so its convenient because it has the correct size connector already on it. You have to ground the parking brake. You don't lose anything, only gain the ability to do all features in motion

i am curious about what actually goes on when you bypass the unit. Why does removing the (mute?) wire and placing it in another spot bypass the unit. Also, why does grounding the parking break make the unit think that it is engaged?

one more thing... are you sacrificing anything by rewiring the unit from what it normally would be?

What exactly is the mute wire for? Would I need it for any function at all on the AVIC?

Its for factory testing. You can use any wire to stick in the magic bypass hole but most people don't ever use the mute wire, so its convenient because it has the correct size connector already on it. You have to ground the parking brake. You don't lose anything, only gain the ability to do all features in motion

i am curious about what actually goes on when you bypass the unit. Why does removing the (mute?) wire and placing it in another spot bypass the unit. Also, why does grounding the parking break make the unit think that it is engaged?

one more thing... are you sacrificing anything by rewiring the unit from what it normally would be?

What exactly is the mute wire for? Would I need it for any function at all on the AVIC?

the parking brake wire makes the avic think ur in park wit the break up and it unlocks itself. if the mute wire is not hooked up properly the car will sense you moving and realize your not in praking brake and lock you out

you only need that wire if you use a nother tyype of bluetooth module like the parrot one. if you have the apdator made for the avic you dont need it.

you only need that wire if you use a nother tyype of bluetooth module like the parrot one. if you have the apdator made for the avic you dont need it.

There is no bluetooth adapter on the f-series... it's built in to the unit.