AVIC411.com

On the fence F90BT or DNX 8120

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet there will be new firmware really soon that will help with a lot of these issues. (I don't think the screen will improve with firmware but most in dash nav units don't do well with sun from what I have seen)

One pair does and one doesn't. It is a bit better without but still very dark/washed out. I think the color themes are a big part of it. The blue theme on the z2 was easier to read with the sunlight on it. I am hoping for some color choices in firmware updates.

I remember on my old Pioneer head unit I couldn't read jack with my polarized shades on. But it sounds to me like the actual screen isn't the culprit, but the colors they used for the GUI don't contrast enough to be easily read in high light situations?

I'm taking the 700BT back to the store right now, ordering an 8120. I can't stand the Bluetooth and Nav on this thing. A friend called up on my way home today and said it sounded like I was being attacked by gorillas and that he would have to call me back later. The nav routing was plain terrible. It does say one POINT five miles, etc, not 'comma'. That's good I guess.

Brightness is at 10, came out of the box at that setting.

I'm mad that this thing did not work out, but the freezing (Froze again today while recalculating the route) and all the other bugs have thrown me off of this unit for good.

Some screen shots in daylight.

The first is the XM at around 11 this morning and the next is from about 3:30 this afternoon.

2567885921_a87b4e59b7_b.jpg

2568709636_f60676b7ee_b.jpg

Wow, after reading the things around here, I'm thinking at this point the 8120 is the way to go........ I'm sure Pioneer will fix what they can, but I'm going to purchase this now, and I dont want to have a goofy unit that will get updated at some point.....