AVIC411.com

? for those with F700BT

After reading about all the problems people are having with these, should I cancel my order and go with something else? I just can't believe that Pioneer would release such a POS (based on what I have read about them so far) after touting the unit so much. Or is this all blown out of proportion? Any thoughts?

Thanks

It's no doubt blown out of proportion... But I'm not saying it doesn't have any issues. The same thing happened with the D3. When it was released people tore the thing apart. You don't really see too many complaining now, though. It happens with all new technology, really. Nothing's ever perfect.

And, most of the things that people are complaining about could be fixed with a firmware upgrade, so it's not too big of a deal when/if Pioneer wants to fix them.

I agree with HiFiSi. I'm not happy with my purchase...yet. There are quirks and issues for sure. On the whole, though, if I sit back, the unit is very close to everything I needed and hopefully a firmware fix or two will solve the rest.

I wouldn't let the early problems change your mind. On the other hand, I wouldn't expect nirvana in the form of a fix for everthing anytime soon either.

After reading about all the problems people are having with these, should I cancel my order and go with something else? I just can't believe that Pioneer would release such a POS (based on what I have read about them so far) after touting the unit so much. Or is this all blown out of proportion? Any thoughts?

Thanks

every video gaming system that first hits the shelves has bugs. cuz they rush to meet the deadline and the unit basically sucks ass. almost every one of the early 360's got the "red ring of death" which signified a hardware failure.

these high-tech units are the same exact way. and yes it is blown outta proportion because no1 stopped to think about many bugs it could possibly have when it debuts. theres a GB goin on right now, Hifisi, i saw your name on the list. 60 ppl are gonna buy a bugged F series cuz it just came out. wait a year and let them take care of the problems insteada buying it and complaining.

wait a year and let them take care of the problems insteada buying it and complaining.

That's not going to happen. Whenever a new piece of equipment is released, be it a new video game system, phone, ipod, head unit, television, whatever, people are going to buy it no matter what. And if it has problems, they will complain about it. That's how it is and that's how it will always be.

There's no major difference between buying it now & waiting a year for a firmware upgrade and waiting a year for the unit... Besides, it doesn't effect you one bit if other people are buying it. So don't go judging them because they have different priorities than you do.

Besides, if you take the D3 as an example, if people had decided to wait a year and buy it so Pioneer would have a chance to work out the bugs, buying it now gets you the same exact unit with the same exact problems that you would have if you bought it right when it was released. Why assume it would be different with this unit?

Anyway, all the things I need it for (basic navigation, ipod control, high voltage pre-outs, XM radio...) the new unit has no problems with. It will basically be the same as my D3 only with better routing capabilities, much better sound quality using my external amplifiers, and a better looking GUI, and I don't have to leave the nav disk in the DVD drive. I don't care if the bluetooth doesn't work right or if the voice command is messed up or any of that, because I wouldn't have used them anyway.

wait a year and let them take care of the problems insteada buying it and complaining.
Besides, it doesn't effect you one bit if other people are buying it. So don't go judging them because they have different priorities than you do.

i didnt say anything judgemental about it so dont start throwin accusations around. all i said was that anything released will have bugs at first and i suggested waiting on buying it so u get ur full money's worth instead of a $1000+ unit with problems.