AVIC411.com

Owners: Post your issues here.

Here is my 2cents after two full days with the unit.

Bluetooth

1. Blackberry 8830 connects maybe 50 percent of the time when the unit is turned on.

2. Won't transfer address book for some reason.

3. Sound quality is terrible. I have tried the mic on the steering column and the visor and it doesn't make much difference.

4. Four times today the audio didn't mute when a call was placed. I could hear the music from the ipod and the phone ringing on the other end.

5. I got the unit to transfer some of the contacts but they were gone once the unit was shut down and restarted (after a trip for lunch).

Sirius

1. Unable to get audio to work. I have redone the installation twice now hoping something was wrong with no sucess.

2. The single line SUCKS and should not be acceptable for a 1200.00 unit

ipod

1. On numberous occasions the unit would just stop talking to the ipod and not respond. once it caused a reboot of the tuner.

2. The splash screen for when the VC is done stays on the screen FAR TOO LONG

GPS

1. Routed me a funky way today that was neither faster of a shorter route.

2. Several times it lost the location I was traveling to while switching between the FM tuner and ipod. Not sure about this one.

3. Numerous times today the unit switched from 3D to 2D without any interaction.

4. It appears the GPS has a hard time while on the freeway as it constantly re-routed itself when going around a bend. The GPS would jump from the freeway to a side road running along side the highway. I have never had this problem with any GPS solution.

General Usage

1. I want to be able to change the color of the backround!!!!

2. Boot time with an ipod connect is rediculous

3. Boot time with no ipod is 10-15 second before audio is working

4. Unit has rebooted four times in the past two days for no reason. Interesting enough it did it once today as the car was being turned off and contued the reboot even after the ACC was off.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had my 90BT installed for a couple of days so far...only 2 issues i've run into are the whole voice recognition not picking up my commands...and it froze up on me when i tried to end a call...but i made another call and hung up...and it unhung itself...music and other functions carried on as normal...

So I'm a week away from receiving my 900BT and I'm a little nervous. I've been anxiously awaiting this unit and to hear all of these issues is pretty disappointing. I returned my D3 in order to get this one and I almost feel like it was a mistake, even before receiving the 900.

There were a few things I didn't like about the D3, and the navi sort of sucked but it still got me where I had to go. But with the new F Series, if everyone is saying that things like the Voice Controlled Calling by name isn't a feature, wouldn't that be considered false advertising? Isn't there anything we can do to make sure Pioneer sends out a fix and quickly? How about spreading the word about all of the issues this unit currently has across the Internet?

Listen, I might sound like an idiot but for all of you and soon to be me who did spend over 1k or got rid of their previous head unit for this one, we have a right to get even semi good quality "AS ADVERTISED" equipment. Even for Pioneer, bad reviews aren't good.

So I can't decide who is a bigger d-bag. Me or the guy from Pioneer? Please hold the cliche "Since you asked..." comeback.

Yesterday I posted:

I spoke with a rep from Pioneer and he told me to turn off the VR cataloging. This feature only needs to be on if you have new items on your iPod. Once your iPod has been cataloged, the names TTS will be stored inside the unit. If the VR catalog is turned on, the AVIC reads the iPod every time you turn on the unit.

The rep told me this would create drags in the viewing maps and switching from source to source.

Being a Pioneer customer since I was 14, I really wanted to believe. I was a silly pathetic loyalist. There was just one problem. He told me all lies. Every problem mentioned in this thread began to surface and my hopes for this unit began to fade. I was right back on the phone griping to the next unfortunate soul to pick up at Pioneer customer service. This time the dept was aware of the many issue people are having. They are generating quite a list and whatever you all post here will definitely help Pioneer locate their bugs.

This new rep said that providing my Ser# was a big help as they try to locate what is going on. (All though the probs seem to be across the board with all units.) By taking my info he has also put me on a list to be contacted as soon as a firmware upgrade arrives. There was no time frame for a fw upgrade but he did say they were actively and diligently working on it.

If this guy lied to me all of my loyal ties to Pioneer will be permanently severed. :x

Sorry my first post reeked of a Summer's Eve! :D

Hey Guys,

For those of you that own F Series units and are having repetitive issues, please post the following so I can send an organized list to Pioneer to see if they can help us out.

Model:

Devices Connected (XM, iPod, etc) :

AV Source (if playing) during issue:

Action that caused the issue (pressed button, search, etc):

Was GPS routing? (yes/no)

Was BlueTooth active? If yes, what device?

Anything else you would like to add:

Thanks,

Jason

1. No voice dialing

2. direction arrow pointing to rear of vehicle

3. Ipod will not connect if voice activation is set. Ipod Classic 80

4.No auto dim when headlights are turned on.

5.Unit freezes.

6. Multiple contact icons same names but number is not displayed.

7. Sub-woofer pop upon startup.

8.Changes from 3d icons to 2d icons by itself.

9.Gives false directions

10.Uses the phrase drive to comma

11. People you call can hear a clicking and their voices from vehicles speakers.

I wanted to add to my post that back in High School Pioneer was the radio you bought when you could not afford a real Stereo for your car. I had heard they had really come a long way since then.

I guess you can't believe everything you hear.

:oops:

Laggy screen, when a new screen appears you have to wait 3-5 seconds before buttons become responsive. Even then you have to really press firmly to make it work in a lot of cases.

Scratchy Bluetooth electronic sounding, muffled can’t hear anything your saying. This is hit or miss, seems to be mainly when the car is running, fi car is turned off it works descent, but still a bit scratchy

Comma in navigation voice instead of point, turn by turn with female, if the voice volume is low you can really hear a lot of static in the signal, sounds like someone on a bad phone line or something with really bad reception, this static is not evident in any other area of the device, only during navigation voice information and it goes away immediately after.

Ipod losing connectivity when car turned off then back in, you have to physically disconnect then reconnect it, this is when VR catalog is enabled, if the VR is not enabled, voice command won’t respond if you ask to play artist etc. But ti does stay connected upon restart of the vehicle.

Mpeg 4 video doesn’t play from sd card even though ti says it is supported, only sound no video is shown, video does work though with a dvd in the drive.

HD radio module doesn't display song information, it just says "NO text"

Was bought from crutchfield a few days ago.

devices I am using, HD radio module, the supported one. XM Radio module, Ipod nano second generation, latest firmware from itunes loaded.

Things that works ok. MSN Direct, Voice recognition for songs and calling people. Although sometimes it gets confused and i have to repeat. Press the knob to activate voice doesn't always work, you have to press it twice.

The start up time is significant, but im getting used to it. Also you have to be patient after a new screen loads, becuase if you push anything on it too early it won't respond.

The more I use it the more I notice the little features. But yeah, overall its a very nice unit. I just iwsh they would of held off until it was ready to be released, I hate beta testing when you pay 1100 dollars for a stereo system.

Also I have noticed that as well, the color scheme doesn't change from night to day and day to night, it is enabled and I know the dimmer wire is properly connected, it worked fine in the D3.

Ford factory amps use a 5v remote turn on signal. Aftermarket decks/amps use 12. The 12v signal on the factory turnon lead causes the pop. A $2 5v regulator from radio shack will fix you up. You can alos just wire a resistor in line as well. 1/4 or 1/2 watt 1K ohm should do it. Prefer the regulator myself.

Write up...

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3581800/tm.htm

* Such a slow start up..takes 2 minutes just to resume my music

* Navi seems to freeze a lot during display

* Annoying boxes that say Ipod controls are limited which blocks up a large portion of the bottom of the screen for 6 minutes or so.

* Most annoying : can't change artists on ipod until voice commands are up and running. I can't believe this...

* Sometimes IPOD needs to be reconnected, b/c during boot AV is switched to OFF. Happens maybe 10% of the time during booting the unit.

* Sluggish button reactions when hitting map, multi-control for voice, or menu

* Phonebook transfer only transfers my voice mail #, what about the other 100 contacts that have more significance in my phone?

* Mic has a lot of wind noises during bluetooth use, even when in a car with windows rolled up, not moving, no ventilation.

If pioneer can update the firmware in such a way where it will increase the speed of the Avic F series...this unit would be ideal.