AVIC411.com

Owners: Post your issues here.

More phone issues:

1. (as per previously) no voice dial by name.

2. Selecting a name in the contacts list dials the first number for that contact it finds. This is contrary to the videos where when a contact is selected, the unit finds all the numbers for that contact and asks you to pick. This doesn't seem to happen. Which brings me to my final point...

3. Updates for my contacts from the iPhone it doesn't *really* erase the old and write the new. I had an old/bad home number for a contact, and whenever I would dial him it wouldn't ask whether I wanted to call him at home or on his cell ... it kept picking home. So I deleted the home number from my iPhone, then told the F90BT to re-sync the address book. It said it would delete the existing info, which sounded great. After it competed the update, the number stored for my contact was still the bad home number, which shouldn't even be there. There appears to be no way to delete contacts from the unit once they are added.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what purpose... because Pioneer released a product that has some glitches? It's not as if they're ignoring the problem. The issue here is... Pioneer tested a numerous amount of beta (demo) versions that had ZERO flaws in the system. The units played fine live... I know, I saw it in action. I own a stereo shop... I have 6 of these defective units in stock. Much like you I was frustrated... but I also understand this problem will be resolved one way or another by Pioneer.

The only problem here is.. people have should have more patience. We all know Pioneer will fix this issue. Not only will they fix it, they'll probably offer some type of rebate to help ease everyones mind numbing, life altering pain.

It's a navigation unit... not life or death. Has someone from Pioneer told you specifically that there aren't any issues? I highly doubt it.

Just relax...

What is the best way to have these addressed? So to summarize some of the stuff we're seeing:

1. There is no voice-dial-by-name, contrary to the video advertisements.

2. Selecting a name in the contacts list dials the first number for that contact it finds. This is contrary to the videos where when a contact is selected, the unit finds all the numbers for that contact and asks you to pick. This doesn't seem to happen. Which brings me to my next point...

3. Updates for my contacts from the iPhone it doesn't *really* erase the old and write the new. I had an old/bad home number for a contact, and whenever I would dial him it wouldn't ask whether I wanted to call him at home or on his cell ... it kept picking home. So I deleted the home number from my iPhone, then told the F90BT to re-sync the address book. It said it would delete the existing info, which sounded great. After it competed the update, the number stored for my contact was still the bad home number, which shouldn't even be there. There appears to be no way to delete contacts from the unit once they are added.

4. Rear view camera doesn't activate until the unit is fully booted up, which means it's useless when leaving your driveway in the morning.

5. Noisy bluetooth audio on the other end of the line ... We hear things just fine in the car, but the person We're talking to can't understand me much of the time.

6. There were no trim rings or cages included in the shipping box, is this normal industry practice?

7. No voice controlled navigation ... i.e. "Set destination to Home" doesn't work ... although this is more of a feature request than a bug.

8. The unit seems to ignore the preset up/down selections from steering wheel remotes ... this is very annoying. Volume up/down and seek up/down work just fine.

9. Every time the ipod is plugged in it re-catalogs the voice recognition database ... It should store this information from one drive to another.

I have a 700bt w/ I-pod and XM hooked up.

1. If I'm on the phone and get into the truck once the head unit boots up my phone (Samsung) thinks it's transferred to the BT but it's not. The phone then has to be switched back to the handset and the head unit thinks that I'm not on the phone and plays music. My DEH-7900bt transferred the audio seamlessly w/ much better quality.

2. My 2d map is upside down. It's as if I'm constantly in reverse... i feel like superman and I'm waiting for time to reverse! Touching the compass does nothing, but worked on the D3? The 3d map seems to know we are going forward....

3. Upon initial start up the screen "blinks" a few times after the unit has fully booted up. Why?

Has anyone other than myself contacted pioneer about these issues. I just got off the phone with both pioneer and al-eds where I bought it at and both are claiming to not have heard anything about these issues. It's hard for me to believe that they know nothing about these problems.

I use a Mac to sync.

Contacted a Pioneer customer support guy. He actually seemed happy to have my laundry list of issues. He did say they were actively working on a firmware update right now for the F-series, and indicated it might be released in the next month or two.... don't know how accurate that is though.

I use a Mac to sync.

Contacted a Pioneer customer support guy. He actually seemed happy to have my laundry list of issues. He did say they were actively working on a firmware update right now for the F-series, and indicated it might be released in the next month or two.... don't know how accurate that is though.

I'm going to try formating one of my other Ipods of a pc and see if that works. I have a feeling that might be the problem.

Bingo and SH!T, that was the problem. Since I was using a mac formatted hfs+ ipod on a windows fat32 based machine it wasn't cataloging the files and thus not allow voice control. I restored my wifes nano on a pc and bingo we have voice.

This sucks now I have to reformat my 80gig ipod on the pc then sync with the mac. Which means if I need to update the ipod I will have to use 2 systems to do it. Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to leave it as is.

Also still no voice recog. on the phone probably for similar reason that I cannot correct.

I really don't think that was it. I have 2 iPOD's that are MAC formatted and voice control works fine. Maybe it was the just the reformatting and recataloging that fixed some glitch in the iPOD. I mean, I'm glad it works for you, but that might not be the underlying problem. The unit is "iPOD ready" which means, more likely than not, it's meant to be mac formatted as opposed to PC.

For what purpose... because Pioneer released a product that has some glitches? It's not as if they're ignoring the problem. The issue here is... Pioneer tested a numerous amount of beta (demo) versions that had ZERO flaws in the system. The units played fine live... I know, I saw it in action. I own a stereo shop... I have 6 of these defective units in stock. Much like you I was frustrated... but I also understand this problem will be resolved one way or another by Pioneer.

The only problem here is.. people have should have more patience. We all know Pioneer will fix this issue. Not only will they fix it, they'll probably offer some type of rebate to help ease everyones mind numbing, life altering pain.

It's a navigation unit... not life or death. Has someone from Pioneer told you specifically that there aren't any issues? I highly doubt it.

Just relax...

In fact Pioneer has a horrible reputation for claiming they dont know about problems. There are plenty of people on this site that have had utter nightmares dealing with Pioneer product support including myself. Just look over the Z series threads with the hard drive lockup issues and the echo issus with that unit and the D3 threads with the routing complaints. They still have not addressed the D3 issues and they denied the issues with the Z series for quite a while before they finally offered a remedy. And I'm sure there will be no rebate to make up for it. I hope I'm wrong here this time especially since my order for the 90 is pending but it would not surprise me if it took months to get a resolution and that is unacceptable for a unit we pay 1k plus for. Just from the simple fact that they put these damn things out with these problems in the first place indicates to me that either they are completely incompetent or they dont care. Both are unacceptable. If any of you that are having these problems feel differently please chime in on this one.

yes.. Pioneer has had some issues with their Navigation units. But has Alpine done much better with their Blackbird I or II units? The Alpine EX-10 was recalled by Alpine just recently. The Eclipse units can't develop an internal or an add on Bluetooth module, they have to use an external CK3000 Parrot piece and label it something else. As good as the Kenwoods are.. they just updated all their 5120's because of some minor glitches.

Yes... you're right, the Pioneer issues aren't cool... they need to address this immediately. But the hype behind this product has created enormous expectations. Unfortunately we're all having to deal with this mess one way or another.

If you want the best Navigation device without problems... try the Kenwood DNX-8120... but the problem here is... they're out of stock at Kenwood USA.

Best of luck.. and cross your fingers.. i'm sure Pioneer will come out with an update here shortly.