AVIC411.com

Owners: Post your issues here.

GENERAL MAP DISPLAYS: When the map is on and you have no route plotted, Two green boxes remain on the display. A long green rectangular one on the top and a large green square in the top left where the turn by turn icon usually is. When I am simply viewing the map with no route plotted, I want these boxes gone and there is no way to do this.

This is an annoying issue to me as well. Those empty boxes eat up a lot of screen real estate, and look pretty stupid when not navigating. Another thing that can also go away is the "Multi-info Window" at the lower left (distance to go, arrival time, etc.). When not navigating, these all show zeros, so they're just taking up space. I realize it can be turned off by turning "Full Screen Cockpit" on, but then it's ALWAYS off... :roll:

-Eric

Agree 100%. I HATE that. It has to be so easy to write code to tweak something like that. "If destination plotted, turn boxes on". "If destination plotted, turn multi-info window on". Come on Pioneer.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GENERAL MAP DISPLAYS: When the map is on and you have no route plotted, Two green boxes remain on the display. A long green rectangular one on the top and a large green square in the top left where the turn by turn icon usually is. When I am simply viewing the map with no route plotted, I want these boxes gone and there is no way to do this.

This is an annoying issue to me as well. Those empty boxes eat up a lot of screen real estate, and look pretty stupid when not navigating. Another thing that can also go away is the "Multi-info Window" at the lower left (distance to go, arrival time, etc.). When not navigating, these all show zeros, so they're just taking up space. I realize it can be turned off by turning "Full Screen Cockpit" on, but then it's ALWAYS off... :roll:

-Eric

Agree 100%. I HATE that. It has to be so easy to write code to tweak something like that. "If destination plotted, turn boxes on". "If destination plotted, turn multi-info window on". Come on Pioneer.

I agree also. That large green blank box is very annoying.

so far on my list of complaints I have:

1) VR catalog needs to hold onto the info once it scans the ipod

2) Slow startup time, also more responsive buttons

3) Empty green box please go away

4) When in 2d I want the navigation arrow to always point straight. I'm never in 2d because its too annoying when I'm going straight on a road and look at the map and the arrow is going to the left or the right. Needs to be like 3d and always point north.

4) When in 2d I want the navigation arrow to always point straight. I'm never in 2d because its too annoying when I'm going straight on a road and look at the map and the arrow is going to the left or the right. Needs to be like 3d and always point north.

Many navigation units allow you to touch the compass on screen to change the orientation ... touch once and it's oriented in the direction of the car ... touch again and it's pointing north with the arrow for the car pointing wherever.

The Lexus RX units do this and it's handy. Typically, however, I just set it to point north as it's distracting to see the whole screen moving out of the corner of my eye while I'm driving.

it seems silly that so many features and tricks went into the D3 that never made it into the F-Series. Personally, as spotty as MSN Direct is, I'd love to have an option to pull traffic data from XM (or Sirius whenever they feel like implementing it).

Many navigation units allow you to touch the compass on screen to change the orientation ... touch once and it's oriented in the direction of the car ... touch again and it's pointing north with the arrow for the car pointing wherever.

The Lexus RX units do this and it's handy. Typically, however, I just set it to point north as it's distracting to see the whole screen moving out of the corner of my eye while I'm driving.

Exactly the point! Why would their previous model allow it and not this one? The worst part is it doesn't even save your zoom levels when you turn off the car. Unacceptable.

All of my "beeps" and menu noises, including voice (TTS), etc. are very staticy sounding. Music sounds perfectly fine, but anything produced by the unit itself has a distinct static to it. If I turn down my volume to 0 I can hear a slight hiss. I have rewired everything and am fairly certain it's the unit doing this as I've also read of others having the issue.

So many other posts were so informal that it didn't look like anyone was really following the format.

Model: AVIC-F900BT

Devices Connected (XM, iPod, etc) : 4GB USB Flash Device

AV Source (if playing) during issue: Multiple

Action that caused the issue (pressed button, search, etc): Multiple

Was GPS routing? (yes/no) yes and no

Was BlueTooth active? If yes, what device? No

Anything else you would like to add:

1) All of my "beeps" and menu noises, including voice (TTS), etc. are very staticy sounding. Music sounds perfectly fine, but anything produced by the unit itself has a distinct static to it. If I turn down my volume to 0 I can hear a slight hiss.

2) When playing from a USB Flash Device and navigating the music from USB will skip.

3) The empty green boxes on the navigation screen when not actually navigating.

4) The fact that it'll start playing my music when I start my car, but it won't show me anything while it has the startup message even though it's obviously far enough along to play the music. (Annoyance)

5) Why can I "Shuffle All" a disc, but not a USB key full of mp3's? (Annoyance)

6) When I use "Shuffle All" on a disc of mp3's, and then use the next track button it kicks it out of shuffle mode and gets stuck in the current folder even though it still displays the Disc Random option.

7) Haven't been able to get the mic to recognize an album choice yet. (Does this only work on ipod?)

8.) The "one comma two miles" bug.

9) Way too many announcements of upcoming turns. I don't need, two miles, one mile, half a mile, quarter mile. Allow us to change this (Feature Request)

10) Navigating while on a 23 mile stretch of highway, touching the 3D button would make a noise but never actually changed into 3D mode no matter how many times I touched it.

11) Give us a way to turn off beeps in individual areas. I like them doing certain things, but not every time I change the volume or change a step in frequency on FM.

12) Give me the ability to browse for a POI in a city I specify. I don't have a destination yet since the POI will be my destination. I don't have a route since I don't know the address of the POI so I can't find it that way. It's not near my current location so I can't find it that way. It's also not near my starting point since I'm trying to get somewhere else. Most standalone GPS's have this feature. If I live in Dallas, and I want to go to an Indian restaurant in Austin I can't just search for indian restaurants in austin and go. I have to put a cursor in Austin and then search near my cursor. Very annoying.

it seems silly that so many features and tricks went into the D3 that never made it into the F-Series.

My guess is because everything is crammed into a 2 GIG flash drive and they had to sacrifice features to get it all to fit. It seems to me they could have used a bigger drive then 2 GIG but I guess they wanted to keep cost down.

Its funny people keep posting their issues here in the hopes that Pioneer will listen and I think we all know that will not happen. I was so pumped about the F-Series that I bought 2 had them installed and removed the Z2 and D3's, I went last weekend and had them put back in and I have since added the 2 F90BT's to my collection of stuff on my shelf. But you know first time shame on Pioneer second time shame on me... however there will not be a second time. I think they rushed this out to get it to market and did not test it in the real world.

At this point I'm irritated, given that I own two F90BTs, plus all the extra modules like HD Radio, Sirius, etc. I'm reserving any fury until I see the results of this forthcoming update. I hope it fixes some issues that annoy me most. If they jack us around on this, even though they have an easy opportunity to do the right thing given the possibility of online downloads for firmware updates, then I'll be pissed and looking to ebay to recoup some cost.

At this point I'm irritated, given that I own two F90BTs, plus all the extra modules like HD Radio, Sirius, etc. I'm reserving any fury until I see the results of this forthcoming update. I hope it fixes some issues that annoy me most. If they jack us around on this, even though they have an easy opportunity to do the right thing given the possibility of online downloads for firmware updates, then I'll be pissed and looking to ebay to recoup some cost.

Sell me one now and I'll gladly send you the money. :)

Guys all this crap is really starting to get to me too. Im still waiting on my f90, I assume its caught in the halt on shipment but Im really starting to consider the DNX-8120. This is hard as Ive never own any other brand then Pioneer. The Kenwood unit has a wealth of features and appears to be for the most part trouble free. The one thing that I cant stand about the Kenwood units is that cartoonish map animation.