AVIC411.com

Owners: Post your issues here.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if and when they fix these issues, how are we going to get them?

There's no way to know until it's released... could be a downloadable firmware update you can load up via a USB stick or SD card, could be a whole new nav disk... It could be free, it could cost money to buy. There's no way to know for sure until Pioneer releases that information.

So this question may have been asked before. When the D3 first came out it has been said that it had issues too. Does anyone know how long after the initial release did it get updated by firmware or whatever?

It never did. It's the same now as it was when it was released.

So this question may have been asked before. When the D3 first came out it has been said that it had issues too. Does anyone know how long after the initial release did it get updated by firmware or whatever?

So what makes anyone think that they are going to fix these issues?

The F seris is designed to be easily updatable. There will be a fix I am sure. I just spoke to the guy at the stereo shop and he said they are very aware of all the issues internally and on the dealer/internal forums and working on something.

I would recommend we make sure they find out about all the issues we see and all the features we think are missing. They can't fix what they don't think is an issue. Even if its a small or only slightly annoying issue. There is no harm in letting Pioneer know. Everyone who has one of these should provide some feedback.

So what makes anyone think that they are going to fix these issues?

Because to fix the D3, they would have to issue an upgraded nav disk, which they usually only do once a year, at most. But with the F series, they can most likely issue downloadable content to be installed using a SD card or USB drive plugged into the unit. It's a lot easier to implement, and a lot less expensive to offer a download than make and distribute a disk.

Found another one :)

I got mine to do txt to speech as far as naming the next turn, etc.

If you go to settings and languages and change the voice to Samantha it will call out the names of roads for you. Unfortunately it says 1,2 instead of 1.2 but at least it tells me what road I am going to turn on :)

That's just... wow! How the hell do they not catch that? After my experience with the Z series, I'm really starting to think that Pioneer doesn't do ANY quality control during the development phase that actually puts these things in a car for use.

Has anyone actually called PIONEER and talked to them about there issues? Or talked to their dealer?

These units can't be that bad.

Jason, can you possibly take sometime to show us a video of the flaws that people are reporting?

I have 2 tickets open with Pioneer and spoke to my local dealer where I picked them up. I am going to type up a list and drop it by there so he can share them with his rep.

Most of the issues are smaller issues/annoyances. There are a few that are a big deal.

Give em a few days to make good. I am still hoping they will do something.

Also the clock issue I posted earlier that they told me was a hardware issue. I fixed that by pushing the reset button. Good thing I didnt ship it back like he said on the phone. Sounds like most of the support guys don't know much about these yet at all.

Does anyone have a way we can submit these things to Pioneer by the right channel so that they get to the group that is interested? I tried sending through support today and also emailed but it basically got kicked back each time telling me to talk to a different group. I guess that isnt the right channel for this stuff.

Folks I hate to say this but Pioneer cares about selling... like I said before start complaining to the Attorney Generals in your states if enough people do then Pioneer will have to change the standards of releasing. We were all hyped up about this release, but like I said sounds like to me they have no R&D group to test and research these issues. I have found calling them does nothing. Sorry but looks like we have been had again.