AVIC411.com

Owners: Post your issues here.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best price for the Avic-F90BT is $984.00 from Al-Eds.com. Best price for Azentek Atlas CPC-1000 $2300.00 http://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/produc ... m/pid/3957. Comes to 2.34 times the price. Look at what you get, I don't need to list the features of the Avic, because you already should know them all, if you don't they are listed on Pioneer's web site. All the problems with the unit are listed in this forum. And from what I can tell, they won't be fixed until the next gen Avic units, just like the D series, the F series will never be done correctly. Now let's talk about Azentek: starting with the features, let's see, 3sec boot time for the built in bios audio, and maximum wait time on vista boot up is 3 min. Once vista is up the possibilities are limitless. As for future software support, look at any windows operating system support. Let's just agree that the features are limitless. So you can have an avic for approx 42% of the price of an Azentek, with less than 1% of the features and benefits of the Azentek. I would say it is worth the price, because you will never have the urge to buy anything else. Look at all these people that buy the Z D and N series Avic units and are upgrading/downgrading to the F series, and will probably upgrade to another unit in the future. Nothing can beat the Azentek, if you have to save your money for a month to a year, then do it, because what you are buying is hardware, and basic software that is quite advanced. I'll stop ranting, and let you do the research and make your own decision, when you do, there is nothing else out there that will satisfy your needs like the Azentek will

YES, I know what it is and what it can do. I've known for a while now. Yes, it's better. We understand. What I'm saying is that it's not competition or even a realistic alternative to an F or D or N series Pioneer unit because the Azentek costs more than double what even the most expensive Pioneer unit does and most people will not (or possibly can not) put out that much money at one time for one.

For instance... a BMW M3 is way better than a Chevy Cavalier, everybody knows that. But car shoppers looking at buying a Chevy Cavalier... or Honda Civic or whatever... don't see an M3 as an alternative, even if they know how much better of a product it is. It's the same way with the Azentek. It's a niche product. It's not something most people will even consider. And that's where the Pioneer, Alpine, Eclipse, etc. units come in.

I'm happy to say it's been four days since my last crash... I'm happy to say it's been four days since my last crash... I'm happy to say it's been four days since my last crash...

Someone reset him.

If the bugs in an f-series annoy you, I can't wait to see the road rage that will result from having a vista pc in your dash. :lol:

I can just see vista's user access control popping up... "Are you sure you would like to change radio stations?" :twisted:

You can't make an analogy like that between vehicles that are exponentialy more expensive, just like I can't make one like if I went to In and Out and was comparing a single single burger to a soda, it just makes no sense. With vehicles it gets more creative because of financing options. That's another posibility you can put it on your credit card, and make minimum payments. If the price difference is that much of a deciding factor, someone would go with a D3, which looks like can be picked up for around $300 after rebate. Let's talk prices the 90bt vs CPC-1000. At what point would the Azentek be within the price range of the 90bt? Maybe when it was only a few cents more? I mean if it was like that, I would check my sofa. If it was a few bucks more, I would refrain from spending money on food for a while. If it was a couple hundred more, I would wait for my next pay/stimulus check. And that is all that it realy is, saving 101. Cancel your T.V. service for a month, ride your bicycle around for a month instead of driving your car. I only would say to do so for financial reasons, and never for enviornmental ones. Saving money is easy, just dont spend it.

You can't make an analogy like that between vehicles that are exponentialy more expensive

But you can make an analogy like that between one electronic device and another that is exponentially more expensive?

When I plug in my ipod I have no audio... audio works fine on everything else. You can see that its playing. Anyone have any thoughts?

Go to the AV settings, and make sure the AV1 input, is set to ipod.

Worked perfect! Thanks!

This business about aztechwhatzitthingy vs. pioneer doesn't belong here, take it someplace for off-topic threads. This is for those having issues with the new F-series, not philosophical debates about windows or some other crap. Hifisi votes to end the conversation and I couldn't agree more.

Now back to something about important, like my needs. It was suggested that I get a splitter for my antenna to send to HD radio as well as the head unit for MSN Direct. Turns out my '02 Audi A6 has two amplified antennas for differential tuning on the factory head unit. Whatever the hell that means. I've got the HD Radio on the amplified ZF antenna. I bought another adapter yesterday to put the F90BT head unit on the amplified HF antenna. My hope is that this works sufficiently to get MSN ... no one in town, that I've found, has any splitters.

On another note, does anyone find it odd that Pioneer doesn't ship any trim rings or cages with the F90BT? I'm having trouble finding any that fit right on the unit with a Metra dash kit, so I'm having to fabricate something. Stupid.

Avic F-700bt

Devices Connected (XM, iPod, etc) : XM, Ipod

AV Source (if playing) during issue: ANY

Action that caused the issue (pressed button, search, etc):

Was GPS routing? (yes/no) Yes and No

Was BlueTooth active? If yes, what device? Yes, cellphone samsung t509

Issues:

1. Slow Boot Up

2. Text to Speech say comma instead of point

3. User interface reacts very slow to input, especially when first starting up

4. Voice Activated dialing doesn't totally work. I can say "Call 561-786-9876" and it works perfect no matter how quick I say the number. But "Call Jill" doesn't work. So apparently contacts are not cataloged.

5. Voice Activated Ipod doesn't work, on start-up it acts like it trying to catalog the ipod but fails saying something like "Wasn't able to gather necessary data for voice activation. Voice activation wont work correctly.

6. I-pod wont connect 2 times in a row. If I'm listening to my ipod, then turn off car, when I turn the car back on it wont connect unless I disconnect the ipod cable and reconnect.

7. Ipod videos don't start where they were left when I turn the car off and on.

8. Sometimes ipod video takes a couple minutes to start playing.

9. Occasional freeze when navigation is guiding you through a route. Button input doesnt work during this time. Eventually sytem will get moving again without restart.

10. Noise when gps voice come on or voice activation voice comes on.