AVIC411.com

iPod only plays in alphabetical order. 700BT/5th gen ipod

Mine goes alphabetical on everything, but I also have no audio. I am using a Apple ipod cable, though. I plan to get the official cable and try again. Here's hoping that fixes the no-audio.

I don't think its going to be non-alphabetical until they release an update

I figured out a work-around to the problem, not a fix. I found an iTunes script that can update song titles with the track number. So something like

aaSongname (track 3 out of 4)

bbSongname (track 4 out of 4)

ccSongname (track 2 out of 4)

ddSongname (track 1 out of 4)

would update and play on the F700 to something like this.

01 ddSongname

02 ccSongname

03 aaSongname

04 bbSongname

Not perfect but at least it returns the tracks back to the play order on the CD until Pioneer may offer a software update.

A couple of comments. It was doing this to me on both my 5G iPod and my iPhone. I am going to try the shuffle button fix later. I checked out doug's script, but I think that only works in a playlist, if I read his information right. Would I have to move everything into a playlist, one album at a time, to use this?

Thanks,

Justin

Pioneer AVIC-F900BT

I already have my albums in separate playlists so it wasn't an issue for me. I think you can just create a single playlist with all your albums and update them all in one single pass. If there is a tracknumber missing in one of the songs, the script will error out.

So, I got it mainly figured out. If you have ever hit the shuffle all button, your songs will continuously play in alphabetical order. If you are in an album, you have to let it start playing the song, change the shuffle mode to "off", then hit the next button to play the next song, then change the shuffle mode to "album" and then the song you are playing will be in the order on the album in which it is located. You can then choose another album and it will play in the album's order. Unfortunately when you choose another album, although the songs are in the order of the album, you always start playing the song that is first in alphabetical order. For instance, if the 8th song out of twelve starts with an "A", when you choose to play that album, it will start playing the songs in order, but with the 8th song first. It's confusing, but it is better than having all of the songs in alphabetical order.

Capucci i couldnt agree with you more. Windows vista is god awful and i have it installed on my mac which i got in january after being pc only for 12 years just to run a couple programs but when i use vista on it i see how horrible windows is compared to mac. mark my words, apple will take over the pc eventually if they dont create an awesome os for pc in the next 5 years.