AVIC411.com

For those of you taking advantage of the AVIC411 18% off...

Canada shipping probably runs into big pioneer distribution trouble ... he may not be able respond and keep his license.

additionally, customs taxes would likely kill you.

Why would he get into trouble? I order stuff from the US ALL THE TIME!

Also, custom won't kill us if it is shipped USPS and declared as a warranty replacement or a gift! :P

Well if it has to be disguised as a gift or warranty replacement the obviously he will get in trouble for selling it straight up. and a few sales is not worth the legal trouble, the government trouble, or losing your business. If something goes wrong he has more to lose than just one radio. So your last sentence answered your second sentence.

Also if that is what your are doing and have been doin, quit advertising that in a post on the internet, it's not hard to trace and IP or MAC address.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada shipping probably runs into big pioneer distribution trouble ... he may not be able respond and keep his license.

Also, custom won't kill us if it is shipped USPS and declared as a warranty replacement or a gift! :P

Unfortunately we can not ship to Canada because contractual agreements with our vendors allowing U.S sales only. All of our vendors already have agreements with distributors up in the Canadian market, so it's hands off for us. Sorry, we wish we could help you guys up there out, but we can't do it. :(

Well if it has to be disguised as a gift or warranty replacement the obviously he will get in trouble for selling it straight up. and a few sales is not worth the legal trouble, the government trouble, or losing your business. If something goes wrong he has more to lose than just one radio. So your last sentence answered your second sentence.

Also if that is what your are doing and have been doin, quit advertising that in a post on the internet, it's not hard to trace and IP or MAC address.

It is always up the company if they want to be border friendly. Shipping via USPS without any "questionable" stuff is very good to us Canadians. I don't see what is so difficult about my placing an order with a company and them shipping it with a Canadian address vs. an American one. Sure 99.9% of us ask to ship USPS so that the brokerage fees are reasonable and not $40 on a $25 item which is the usual case when shipping UPS.

It seems that American's think Canada is some hell hole and shipping across the border is to be avoided like the plaque :shock:

Business is business and due to the fact that only a few companies ship across the border it makes it tough to find good deals on particular items. On this forum alone interest from Canadians seems to be high so it would be worthwhile to ship to us.

Unfortunately we can not ship to Canada because contractual agreements with our vendors allowing U.S sales only. All of our vendors already have agreements with distributors up in the Canadian market, so it's hands off for us. Sorry, we wish we could help you guys up there out, but we can't do it. :(

Thanks anyways :)

Thanks anyways :)

You're welcome, I'm really sorry we can't hook up you Canadian AVIC411 members.

The coupon code works for EVERYTHING in their online store. EVERYTHING!!!!!

You can buy $50,000 worth of merchandise, enter the coupon code, and you would get an $9,000 discount!

yea, but i wonder if that was there intent.

Yes, that was their intent. In fact this discount code was made effective for the rest of this month for everything in their store. They want you to spend your money on whatever item you want in their store as a goodwill to this forum. So shop with confidence knowing that they are not going to get back at you and tell you that there was a mistake with your purchase. :D

I wish I could take advantage of the discount. I'm dying to get my hands on a 90BT. But I am forced to wait for my stimulus check from the government and I'm in the last batch schedule to be mailed 7/11/08. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'extend it a couple of weeks.