AVIC411.com

On friday I am getting the 900BT installed by ABT, they are swapping mine free of charge ( i have the d3 right now)

1) with all the issues right now with them, how will i be able to upgrade mine once they are fixed

2) will the 700 bypass work on the 900 ?

There's no way to know until it's implemented, really... but given that you can connect a USB device or a flash card, it may be a downloadable patch/firmware upgrade that you can load into it rather than having to buy an upgrade disk... But like I said, until Pioneer goes public with what they are planning to do about all the issues the F series has, nobody can really say for sure.

If you look at the D3, it was and is riddled with technical issues at release, and pioneer has done absolutely nothing so far well over a year after it's inception. An upgrade disk is on the verge of release for it, but we still don't know if it's just new map data, or if it contains any upgraded firmware or problem fixes.

But it appears Pioneer may be working on fixing some of the new F-series issues at this point... From another topic:

From what I've seen on Pioneer's Mobile Electronics Live dealer/distributor only website they ARE aware of these issues and working to get them fixed.