AVIC411.com

First post. Thanks for the wealth of knowledge, this is a great board.

I was hoping to get some solid feedback on the bluetooth quality of the F-series, specifically quality from the F-series to the person you are calling. For those that have it installed, what are your overall impressions? How far away and how are you installing the microphone? Is it always the same quality, or come and go? If you do have issues with the quality, do you feel it is a hardware or software issue?

Thanks for all your input.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The call quality is terrible. It is always a problem. I have no idea if it is hardware or software, but if I had to guess I would say it's the poineer microphone. My microphone is mounted right at the top of my front windshield. It is pretty close, so proximity is not the issue. I would recommend NOT getting this unit unless the issue is fixed.

I have had a few calls that were terrible and a few that were fine. I listed to my wife talk to someone for 10 minutes on hers when we were on the road the other day. Its hit or miss right now. When I called her the other day and she was on hers she sounded perfect for half the call before the issues started.

I will admit, I am new to the car bluetooth world, so excuse me if I'm re-hashing old topics.

If it is a matter of a sub-par microphone, is it possible to upgrade it on these units? Does this seem to be a Pioneer problem, or is this problem consistent throughout the market of simular products?

The bluetooth feature is huge for me and a main selling point, and I just want to be as informed as I can before making a decision.

Thanks much!

I just feel that this $1000 unit should work at least as well as my $60 motorolla earpiece unit. If someone feels different I honestly feel like you are rationalizing for your purchase. I have the F700BT and it's terrible.

Just talked to my wife on her's and we had a 15 minute conversation with no problems.

Sounds like this is software related then, based on your comments earlier in the thread. Does it appear to vary depending on what you're doing (active route, audio source, etc.)?

I haven't seen what type of connector the pioneer microphone uses. Has anyone tested with another mic?

Yeah, anyone have a D3 mic?

I do and that is the first thing I will be testing when my unit arrives. I have been using the BTB200 BT with my D3 for a year and have had no problems at all. I will be doing extensive testing with this mic. If it makes a difference I will immediately post it here.