AVIC411.com

I installed the 700bt today and I seem to be having the opposite issues of everyone else. For the most part it works good, it's a little slow at times, occasionally drops my ipod connection and occasionally freezes, but I have yet to need to restart it, and my calls even seem to go through clean on both ends. However I cannot get voice recognition to function when trying to specify a contact to call, or when trying to get anything to play on the ipod. Every time it starts up it trys to catalog or something and gives a message that says something like voice recognition is did not complete,voice recognition may be limited. The voice recognition can handle me saying a phone# extremely quick but names just don't seem to catalog. Please Help!!

Some units are flaky from what it seems on the voice. For example, I had the 700BT last week and the voice recognition was spot on and everything was perfect. Then on Friday, I got the 90BT and not a SINGLE thing phone or otherwise worked for the voice. Along with all the other problems of the 700 that I had. I went to a local shop today where they had the 700BT on display and talked with the owner for a good hour and he was saying that the unit they had on display appeared to have totally unresponsive and broken voice recognition. Some very weird stuff.