AVIC411.com

Wow! I guess I must have the only PERFECT F90BT

The only advantage to having 4 volt preouts is to give the amplifier a hotter signal, less induced noise into the system. Basically it is a marketing gimmick.

The gain controls on the amplifier should be adjusted accordingly to what the output of the radio has.

Now, if you pull a D3 out and replace it with a F90 and do not touch the gains on the amp, it will of course be louder than before. The idea here is you want to match the gain on the amp with what the output voltage is on the radio. Gain controls are NOT volume controls.

Having the gains turned up high on the amp with 4 volt preouts will be louder, but will also distort more easily.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radio is Non-SD right? So 5 or 6 seconds is too long??? And like someone else said your car needs to warm up anyways

Well I suppose it is alright if I only listened to AM/FM/XM and did not want to change the channel for 50 seconds or so. Also, a HUGE selling point for me was that the AVIC F could play SD (I also bought a 16Gb SD card)

Also, to the OP, is is still flawless? How about if someone calls you, and they hang up before you can press the red disconnect button? Does it hang for a minute or so?

Does your ipod NEVER disconnect for no reason?

How about SD card playback, does it load immediately or does it take a minute?

Does your reverse camera work right away or does it take 6+ seconds ro turn on?

Oh, does your phone work right away after turning your car off, or does it lock up for a minute?

Oh, and when your phone auto connects to the bluetooth on the Pioneer while you are on a call, does it ruin the call (i.e. mutes it so neither side can hear)?

These are honest questions, maybe my unit *is* uniquely broken and I can send it back to Pioneer to fix it, but I have a feeling that is how they all work. Maybe I am just too picky and other people don't care if their calls are ruined or if their playback is slow.

You're absolutely right, tacomaboy! I have ALL of the problems you mentioned, plus:

1. When i first turn the car on, it takes several attempts for the unit to connect to my Blackberry Pearl. EVERY other bluetooth device connects to it within 2 seconds, and does so reliably (even my cheapo motorola headset).

2. The overall system is very slow to respond right after startup, and sometimes during navigation.

3. The system has actually crashed on me while giving me directions! I've had to pull over to power cycle the device, to get it to come back.

4. The system mutes itself for no reason, all sources, regardless of AV source. Only a reboot fixes it.

Far from perfect, but hopefully fixable.

Cheers.

You're absolutely right, tacomaboy! I have ALL of the problems you mentioned, plus:

1. When i first turn the car on, it takes several attempts for the unit to connect to my Blackberry Pearl. EVERY other bluetooth device connects to it within 2 seconds, and does so reliably (even my cheapo motorola headset).

2. The overall system is very slow to respond right after startup, and sometimes during navigation.

3. The system has actually crashed on me while giving me directions! I've had to pull over to power cycle the device, to get it to come back.

4. The system mutes itself for no reason, all sources, regardless of AV source. Only a reboot fixes it.

Far from perfect, but hopefully fixable.

Cheers.

Thats what I figured... everyone here who has an F series should have at least the above problems. Occasionally if I get impatient and start pushing buttons when its booting or locked up after a call, it can freeze or reboot, but that is not repeatable.

At any rate, I would be amazed if someone really had a perfect unit. I would not believe that claim (perfect is in the eye of the beholder I suppose)

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love my f700BT. Except for the fact that it lags a bit, and only a bit! Also i have my iphone 3G hooked up through aux. apparently pioneer's update didnt fix the usb problem. if you're unaware, the iphone 3g does NOT work via usb with the pioneer f series. i tried everything, even changing AV1 to iPod. Anyways i love this unit had it for about a week, installed it myelf and have nothing bad to say about it. I dont like sirius's electronic music variety so I use XM; and let me tell you the XM interface is sweet!

Wass --

Any problems with your iphone hooking up to the bluetooth. Ive had my 90bt for about a week and i am having constant problems with the bluetooth phone quality. Was at the shop today with no avail, going back tomorrow to switch out the unit, but wondering if u have any had any complaints on the phone quality???