AVIC411.com

$1500, what would you buy right now?!!

I just cannot decide which way to go. I want to place an order at al-eds before the fathers day sale ends. What unit would you get and why? Make and Model? Plus it doesnt need to be the high end models, can always pocket the difference for something else.

On the nav side, I highly trust Garmin, but I dont like the looks of the maps based on screen shots I have seen. On the flip side, I rather have plain maps but have it pointing at the right spot. Is the nav in the pioneer roughly the same as the prior models?

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've been lurking on this forum the last couple of days and glad I have, I was all about getting the 700 when it became available but after reading the posts here I'm leaning more towards the Kenwood DNX5120. The 700 seemed like it was the answer to my prayers, does everything I want it to plus having a really nice UI but now I don't really like the idea of spending almost $1000 to be a beta tester.

My priorities are pretty much the same, good quality GPS navigation and XM satellite radio, everything else was icing on the cake. ipod connectivity is really nice to have as well as bluetooth but they aren't really deal breakers at this point. I mean, does anyone have any confidence that Pioneer will release an update for the F series in any decent amount of time?

Given all the issues these units have at the moment, I would probably buy the Alpine IVA-505 along with the Blackbird nav unit (for nav and bluetooth and additional expandability via SD). Plus larger screen (7") and a much cleaner interface. One thing that is not clear to me is why the Blackbird unit costs so much ~$650. I don't see how this can be justified. The head unit doesn't come with nav built in and is priced at $1100. It doesn't try to do everything but it works as a multimedia station. The nav and bluetooth functionality is reserved for the portable Blackbird unit. I am yet to see widespread discontent on these units. I was looking forward to the F90BT - hopefully the next Z series unit will meet the advertised "quality" and "functionality" that was promised on the F-series units.

$1500, what would you buy right now?!!

Whiskey, hookers, and blow. :lol:

TROOF!

Id get the DNX8120. Im gonna give Pioneer 1 month to solve these issues. If the dont have it cleaned up, Im pullin the trigger on the Kenwood.