AVIC411.com

wondering about a certain radar detector

hey wats goin on, umm, im just wondering if anyone knows about a kind of radar detector that when it senses a cop nearby it cuts off a certain power source until the cop is gone..

what i wanna do is install a neon underbody kit that would automatically shut off whenever the detector sensed a cop within like a quarter mile.

like i said i dont even know if such a thing exists but hey its worth askin.. Thanks!!

Dude come on! Why would you want neon lights under your car? Don't do it! Mods should make the car look better, not worse.

...yeh....yeh ur right....what was i thinking....but that didnt answer the question :evil:

well im not a fan of neon either but you didn't ask for opinions on neon. The only thing i can think of is to hook up a relay to the detector and power of the neon. Depending on which detector there may be multiple ways. I know with a valentine one there are outputs that may be able to be used. Some units has a headphone output port which may be able to be used as well. Give me an exact model number and i may be able to be more help. Another thing to consider is that detectors are prone to lots of interference from auto door sensors and such so if you cruising through a populated area your neons may just be flashing on and off.

I am kinda in the same boat as you. I have a valentine one and i am considering a way to hook up the detector to mute (attenuate) my soon to be f90bt. Every time the detector goes off the radio would mute until the threat was gone or i acknowledge it some way.

Dude come on! Why would you want neon lights under your car? Don't do it! Mods should make the car look better, not worse.

...yeh....yeh ur right....what was i thinking....but that didnt answer the question :evil:

well im not a fan of neon either but you didn't ask for opinions on neon. The only thing i can think of is to hook up a relay to the detector and power of the neon. Depending on which detector there may be multiple ways. I know with a valentine one there are outputs that may be able to be used. Some units has a headphone output port which may be able to be used as well. Give me an exact model number and i may be able to be more help. Another thing to consider is that detectors are prone to lots of interference from auto door sensors and such so if you cruising through a populated area your neons may just be flashing on and off.

I am kinda in the same boat as you. I have a valentine one and i am considering a way to hook up the detector to mute (attenuate) my soon to be f90bt. Every time the detector goes off the radio would mute until the threat was gone or i acknowledge it some way.

thanks for the response! i dont know what model number to offer, nor do i even kno of any radar detectors...i was in target the other day and saw a radar detector for like $80 which is where i got the idea. idk if that wat im lookin for, since im sure the detector im lookin for is 50 state illegal, but ill post any info i can find.

thanks for the response! i dont know what model number to offer, nor do i even kno of any radar detectors...i was in target the other day and saw a radar detector for like $80 which is where i got the idea. idk if that wat im lookin for, since im sure the detector im lookin for is 50 state illegal, but ill post any info i can find.

Well $80 wont get you much. No matter what kind you get it is possible to hookup a relay it will just depend on finding the proper connect and probably will require soldering or something. You may also solder that police do not have there radar on as often as many think. There may be 10 police within 10 feet from you and your neon wont turn off and you may get busted the concept you have is good but may not be plausible with all things considered.

Are you saying its against the law to have neons under your car where you live?

to drive around yes. to have them in a parking lot or in a driveway no. 'its a distraction to the other drivers'. good ol' NYPD right? but thats y it defeats the purpose of even having em cuz where u gonna show em off besides ur house and local parking lots? hence the whole radar idea? y where u live julius, that its legal?

actually, i jus reread ur post, its illegal to have ANY neons, even inside...god forbid another driver cant keep his eyes on the road to look inside ur car, itd by my fault. you also cant have colored turn signals....i got ticketed for having blue signals on my lancer. now i have all white on the rx8 and i havent been bagged yet ::knock on wood::

The problem with that plan though is that police don't usually drive around with their radar turned on, they only use it when specifically trying to get a reading on speeding cars. So the detector won't get set off by the millions of cops that aren't using their radar and you will popped for a neon ticket

I didn't know it was illegal.I see a few people here in St. Louis with them but I've never heard of nor seen anyone get pulled over for having them on.

yeh i heard in FL theyre legal too and when i went down to new orleans (before katrina) i remember the first thing i saw at night was a white escalade ext with 24's and a blue underkit.