AVIC411.com
golfaustria_db

Service Secret Menu Pioneer Avic N4

Service Secret Menu Pioneer Avic N4

1. RESET and EJECT buttons simultaneously.

2. Release RESET button only.

3. When “please push reset button†is displayed, release EJECT button.

4. Enter the password: 8 1 8 3 7 2 0 8

Sounds like a standard service screen that shows your firmware version, and etc.

BTW, if you press UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A B A Select Start,

you get 30 lives in Contra for the NES! :D

ROFL J/Kcontra1.jpg

I tried it,

It reset all of the unit's settings back to default (no big deal for me) so be careful if you have your N4 setup "just right".

It looks like you can do a lot of damage in there. You can flash your system's memory, clear nav memory and test sensors and inputs.

cheers

on the d series (should be the same functions in the service menu,)

you can also recalibrate the touchscreen. over the course of three years, the screen on my d1 became way out of whack. pioneer wanted $200 to send it in to get fixed, and it took 10 mins to do myself with the service menu.

also, if you download or update to a newer map dvd, and for some reason have a problem that you want to go back to the original software that came with the unit, putting in an older disk will give you an error message and nothing will happen (putting in a newer disk automatically starts the system update, but it's not backwards-compatible.) the service menu lets you insert a dvd and install that software, no matter what version.

so yes, not knowing what you're doing can cause lots of trouble, but knowing what you're doing can also save you $200.