AVIC411.com

For those of you that have ECHO issue with Bluetooth!

Well I work for a dealer and we sell the Pioneer product. My best customer bought the Z1 and was obviously extremely dissapointed with the Bluetooth adaptor, mainly the ECHO issue. So after trying all of the common things like moving the mic., changing the output speaker, foam on the mic. Still we had no resolution, so we brought in a new company that sell's just Blutooth devices. The company is called Parrot, I'm sure most of you have heard of them. Well I took the mic from the CK3000 model and got an adaptor for the mini jack, plugged it in, and it worked PERFECTLY!! :D [b]I was amazed, NO ECHO !! [/b]I think it's mainly becuase the mic. for the pioneer is supplied with the Z1 and not the Bluetooth adapter. I have a feeling that mic. was mainly built for the voice prompt of the navigation. That mic. probably has no echo cancellation built in what so ever. But we need to find out if you can order these mic.'s seperatley from Parrot.

If anyone else purses this, please let me know what your feedback is.

Thanks and good luck!!
yah, I guarantee you that if you can get 30 of these mics you will be able to sell them and get your money back, I would think you could sell 100's of them actually.

The biggest problem is that Parrot is French, so getting something like this might be hard (forign and I know I can't speak French). :)

I actually had a CK3100 in my aviator before I got the pioneer bluetooth and I gave it to my brother and didn't try the mic before getting rid of it. I had one and thought about trying it but I didn't.
What would be even nicer is if the cellphone, bluetooth headset, and Z1 could all coexist within the car.. My headset's performance kills anything I've ever tried in a vehicle before -- so it'd be nice to be able to have all the info pop up on the Z1 when calls come through, etc.. but then when you answer it they should route to your headset if you choose... that would be ideal..
That's great news! I'll take one if you get them.

Can you tell us just exactly what adapter you used? My understanding is it is difficult to find an adapter that fits perfectly.

I put foam around mine this last weekend and it really helped. But you still get an echo if you turn it up too loud. But I was able to turn it up about 1 full bar without an echo...so that's good.
before i installed the Z1 in my 06 Civic i had a Motorola Bluetooth kit in the car.... i liked the sound quality and never had anyone complaining about an echo problem.....

I installed the Z1 and did not wat to re-run the mic, since i already had a perfectly good one installed very nicely. I spliced the supplied Z1 mic mini plug and used the existing mic.... did a very nice solder job and heat shrank it as well.... Mic works flawlessly with voice prompts.... The echo IS a problem though.....

I STILL don't think it's a microphone problem, but a soft issue.... you may luck-out and get a suitable mic in a suitable location on a specific car, but i bet it will vary quite a bit from vehicle to vehicle and location to location within the vehicle....

My 2c.

Sam
[quote name="grcplaya"]i saw this post the other night and I phoned my bro's friend who works for verizon and is getting me the mic only for 20$ I should have it today
grcplaya[/quote]

Exactly what mic are you getting from Verizon? My son is a programmer for Verizon. Are you getting the Parrot mic mentioned or a different one?
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="lowriderman3"]Any more news on getting ahold of the parrot mic?[/quote]

Same interest here. My Z1 was just put in yesterday and all the callers so far have heard the echo. My phone is the PPC-6700 from Sprint.
The quality is otherwise very very good. People can be heard nice and clearly without crackling. I don't hear echos, they do. A new mic would be great!