AVIC411.com

Z SERIES BREAKTHROUGH

ive only seen 2 topics even mention this:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hlight=led

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hlight=led

but today ive managed to get to the keypad circuit board and ive discovered 2 things:

-the leds themselves are blue

-the leds are 10x smaller than those smts in the 2nd thread.

so within the next id say, 2 weeks, a close friend of mine is going to change the led's to red. he works with led's and soldering and all that and has used smaller Led's than wat the avic has

heres a pic of the buttons taken out. the menu button doesnt come out:

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

i took a picture of the actual circuit board too but for whatever reason it didnt save to my phone...i didnt realize until it was put back together. but ill keep everyone updated on the progress.

Also just to get a rough idea, if this is successful, who would be interested in a button color conversion?

Let me know when you figure out how to change the leds in the dash of your girlfriends Mustang. I want to go all blue in mine and the z2 is already there.

the guy whos gonna do myne changed out all the leds in his maxima from orange to blue already. if you want i can PM you his info if you are interested.

Let me know when you figure out how to change the leds in the dash of your girlfriends Mustang. I want to go all blue in mine and the z2 is already there.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=463262

It's a good bit of work...

yeh it deffinitly looks like it is, but those leds are alot easier to work with than wats in the avic/in his maxima. Thanks for the link ill be sure to show my friend that.

UPDATE::

i regret to inform that im abandoning this project. i ended up buying an f700bt & my friend who was going to do the LED's is buying the Z...but since his interior is now blue (he changed all the leds in his car), he has no reason to open it up.

it sux cuz we were so close to doing it, we have the LED's and everything, but if anyone has the skills/knowledge/interest to do it, its very possible and VERY overestimated.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have a z1 since January 2007 into my BMW and I want to change the LED color since the first night drive with this unit. All is orange into the BMW and this blue Keypad is too lightly.

Someone has the sevice manual for the Z series? I don't think it's too complicated, but I don't want to make a big mistake opening it.

Another ask: someone know if it is possible to change the menus from blue to red ?

Many thanks,

Coronet24