AVIC411.com

So is there a way to get rid of the beep?

learn2read?

Here's the user's manual. How to turn the beep off is on page 123.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Navigation/AVIC-F90BT_OperationManual0606.pdf

Apparently you don't have a F90bt. The user manual only changes the chime off for the Nav portion.

So who needs to learn how to read?

Does anyone know how to turn off that annoying beep that goes off when you touch the screen?

If you go to Navi settings, sound settings, and then turn the master volume down, it will turn the screen beep down as well. Page 130 of the manual, and it worked for me.

Does anyone know how to turn off that annoying beep that goes off when you touch the screen?

If you go to Navi settings, sound settings, and then turn the master volume down, it will turn the screen beep down as well. Page 130 of the manual, and it worked for me.

Adjusting the master volume down lowers the guidance voice as well. Hopefully there will be a way to just turn off the beep for all menus, not just navigation menus.

^ That's true, but you can also raise and lower the nav voice as well. So if you turn the nav voice all the way up and then turn the master volume down, the nav voice will still be clearly audible but the button beeps will be quieter. Or at least that's how it worked on mine.

There is the voice volume then the master volume.

One thing that really annoys me is you can't turn off the nav voice, even when master AND volume are turned to zero, every last beep, chime or alarm is turned off completely. but get this, the voice is still going its just not audible, the music still fades out and pauses, so talk about annoying.

Pretty annoying, I know the key off doesn't do much, I mean one would assume key sound off means, exactly that but its only in the navigation screens, everywhere else the key still is on.

AS I get used to having the device the issues are there, and as you know about them you get used to it, expect it and well, just like any other disability you adapt.

I hope that isn't what pioneer had in mind when they released this.

• 2 weeks later...
There is the voice volume then the master volume.

One thing that really annoys me is you can't turn off the nav voice, even when master AND volume are turned to zero, every last beep, chime or alarm is turned off completely. but get this, the voice is still going its just not audible, the music still fades out and pauses, so talk about annoying.

Pretty annoying, I know the key off doesn't do much, I mean one would assume key sound off means, exactly that but its only in the navigation screens, everywhere else the key still is on.

AS I get used to having the device the issues are there, and as you know about them you get used to it, expect it and well, just like any other disability you adapt.

I hope that isn't what pioneer had in mind when they released this.

You can adjust how muting is handled for voice prompts. You can set it to MUTE, ATTENUATE, and NORMAL. Mute turns the music off when the voice comes on. Attenuate turns the music down some when the voice comes on. Normal doesn't adjust the music volume at all when the voice prompt comes on.

So if you want it to do NOTHING, turn both volume settings down to zero and set that setting to normal.