AVIC411.com

Owner's manual downloads

Since Pioneer decided not to put the owner's manuals in the box with the new F-series units, here's where you can download them. Right click the link, and save target/link as...

AVIC-FF90BT

AVIC-F900BT & AVIC-F700BT

awesome find, Hifisi. i read through it but see anything mentioned about custom backgrounds other than the splash screen. have you found anything regarding this?

Since Pioneer decided not to put the owner's manuals in the box with the new F-series units, here's where you can download them. Right click the link, and save target/link as...

AVIC-FF90BT

AVIC-F900BT & AVIC-F700BT

awesome find, Hifisi. i read through it but see anything mentioned about custom backgrounds other than the splash screen. have you found anything regarding this?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... AVIC+FEEDS

^ That's a pretty cool program, for the POI creator, and maybe the ability to upload and view the GPS logging data.

But the splash screen creation function is pretty useless, because you can do that without the program, all you need is to put an 800x480 picture on an SD card or USB stick and load it into the unit.. And the settings replicator isn't all that useful unless you have multiple units so you only have to set up one of them and copy the settings to other units.

Although I can't seem to actually find the download for the program on Pioneer's website... maybe they haven't put it out yet?

i read through it but see anything mentioned about custom backgrounds other than the splash screen. have you found anything regarding this?

Nope. There are no backgrounds at all, the unit doesn't even use a background, besides the splash (startup) screen. For everything else, the background is part of the GUI and is always just black.

But honestly, would you even want any kind of other background besides the black? The screen is hard enough to see in the first place.

^ That's a pretty cool program, for the POI creator, and maybe the ability to upload and view the GPS logging data.

But the splash screen creation function is pretty useless, because you can do that without the program, all you need is to put an 800x480 picture on an SD card or USB stick and load it into the unit.. And the settings replicator isn't all that useful unless you have multiple units so you only have to set up one of them and copy the settings to other units.

Although I can't seem to actually find the download for the program on Pioneer's website... maybe they haven't put it out yet?

i read through it but see anything mentioned about custom backgrounds other than the splash screen. have you found anything regarding this?

Nope. There are no backgrounds at all, the unit doesn't even use a background, besides the splash (startup) screen. For everything else, the background is part of the GUI and is always just black.

But honestly, would you even want any kind of other background besides the black? The screen is hard enough to see in the first place.

now that i put it in, and saw everything for myself no. i was lookin through the quick start guide and i saw the ipod picture with a mountain scene in the background and i thought it was changeable.. then i looked closer and saw it was a video :oops:

• 3 weeks later...