AVIC411.com

Pioneer recalling AVIC-F90BT..as told by Pioneer Rep

[i don't understand why your rep was so knowledgeable and mine barely admitted there was even a problem.

I do wonder if they even know whats going on and if they just feed everyone a different line of bs just to make us happy and post some sort of reassurance.

Guess there is no briefing or training that they all go through, perhaps hte select few keep up on current events, others say I never even had a call about this unit yet its so new.

Because the guy you talked to was completely full of shit. It also wouldn't be the first time they have claimed that they have never heard of the problem. They said the same thing for the longest time about the problems with Z series last summer before they finally issued a fix. Occasionally you can get someone on the phone that appears to be receptive of your problem. I have personally had about 50\50 acceptable and completely unacceptable responses from them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with them....and i HIGHLY doubt you will get an email from them.

"We are expecting to hear from Pioneer sometime today or early next week" Which translated from business terms to customer language means "you probly won't get an answer till next Friday at best".

LOL....JUST SEND ME MY UNIT...i've mastered clicking the "Download" link and "Save" button a long time ago...I think we are all fully capable to install a patch (if they make a decent one).

The ONLY positive thing i see about Pioneer stopping the shipping of the F series is that it will make them motivated to get the patch out much faster!

I spoke with them....and i HIGHLY doubt you will get an email from them.

"We are expecting to hear from Pioneer sometime today or early next week" Which translated from business terms to customer language means "you probly won't get an answer till next Friday at best".

LOL....JUST SEND ME MY UNIT...i've mastered clicking the "Dowload" link and "Save" button a long time ago...I think we are all fully capable to install a patch (if they make a decent one).

I know! I just want my unit! buggy or not. I can fix it with a patch later.

Let's put it this way, the more I use my F900BT the more annoying it becomes.

It reminds me of a fine ass girlfriend, beautiful to look at you only see the nice parts about her. But then you find out some major issues exist, things like Blue tooht doesn't work, and there are quirks with just about every nice feature there is.

The blue tooht only works with the engine turned off, yes I have it installed properly, this is the exact same issue i've heard lots of other people have.

Take away blue tooth, now the big functionality with making calls using the contact list is moot, answer the phone using it is as well. However, you can use it to Voice control your ipod, very cool I got chills the first time I used that when it worked, now the downfall, it takes what seems like forever with a message telling you the entire time "your ipod maybe not be controlled.

Anyway point is, I thought the very same thing, wow this thing is so awesome, and it is. But honestly, if I knew what I know now a few days ago I would of held off.

Trust me you do not want to deal with these issues, you always want what you can't have, sort of like havinga super model for a gf, but once you have it you figure out she has an eating disorder, doesn't like sex and is dumb as a bag of bricks.

So yeah, that is my comparison for the day, wait for the fix, if there is one. If there is not one, DO NOT BUY!

i am wondering if the european models have the same issues... same hardware but different software...

Yes, they still have issues! See my post in the issues sticky for the ones I've seen so far (I've only tried mine on the bench so can't comment on call quality while the engine is running). :)

I am wondering that too.

I have one F900BT on order, the dealer was expecting to get it it on the 18th, but Pioneer said it was delayed to the 30th.

Maybe they're also ironing its bugs here too.

I'm in Portugal, but the dealer is German.

Guest astrobill

LITERALLY LOL HERE!

WHAT???? The "new" Pioneer AVIC units have problems? Oh my gosh...I'm totally shocked! Recalls already rumored?!?! OMG! Perish the thought that Pioneer has released another buggy, prototype product!

And..GASP..."Defender of the Pioneer Faith" HiFiSi is actually expressing concern about the problems...and even states he would be "salty" if Pioneer has problems (heaven forbid) with an AVIC release? OMG! Has heck frozen over?!?!

Give it up guys...Pioneer is going to abandon this business line altogether...they are incompetent at the navigation game, and are losing all market share!

They simply cannot produce a usable AVIC unit, and continue to treat their customers like garbage....

By the way, long since I listed my D3 on eBay, Pioneer replied to my four-month-old help ticket about upgrade disks an Bluetooth problems.

Their answer to the upgrade disk problem? "There's no set schedule for upgrade disks....we'll get to it when we get to it..."

Their answer to the mistake they made programming the BTB200 (which doesn't play voice-dial prompts at an audible level)? "It's a Europe vs. US thing..." followed by "Oh..well...it would take a firmware fix.." Yeah..right...so FIX it! Or refund our money!

LOL! Thanks, Pioneer!