AVIC411.com

For those of you who installed yourself..

I just got my f700bt yesterday. It's not yet installed. Did you use the same cage and trim piece as the D3?

I called pioneer and several local car audio places and everyone says I don't need one but there is no way to secure the new unit in my dash and there is a substantial amount of room on all sides on the unit.

Thanks.

I just got my f700bt yesterday. It's not yet installed. Did you use the same cage and trim piece as the D3?

I called pioneer and several local car audio places and everyone says I don't need one but there is no way to secure the new unit in my dash and there is a substantial amount of room on all sides on the unit.

Thanks.

decks generally only come in 2 sizes, din and double din. the dash kit i ordered for an 05 stang came yesterday and it fits perfectly. the f also fits perfect in my 8.

I didn't have the mounting hardware (cage and bezel) either and also had a lot space left. My factory unit was larger than the AVIC-F700BT.

I ordered the Clarion 2DBKT Mounting Kit ($20) from Crutchfield and it was just what I needed.

p1060024ne0.jpg