AVIC411.com

Hello All,

New to the forum and wanted to say hi.

I just picked up an Avic-F90BT today. Haven't installed it yet but wanted to find out what people are paying for theirs.

I picked mine up for $860.00 out the door....

Best,

James

I didn't ask about that. I just made sure they are authorized Pioneer Dealer. Does it make a difference? I will surely ask though. What the difference?

I've been buying products from this guy for over 5 years without an issue. His return policy is great (for me) and I haven't had a problem yet. I even informed him about all the issues I've read about the F series on this forum and he said if i don't like it will just swap it out with something else I want.

Well i dont believe that Pioneer will support the warranty on your F90BT if he is not a authorized Pioneer Premier Dealer. The F90BT is pioneer's premier version and is the only f-series units that comes with a 2 year warranty. Along with the addtional features, the 2-year warranty is the most important.

I could be wrong but i was informed by a local car audio dealership here that they could not sell the F90BT and still have the 2-year warranty valid since they were only a authorized pioneer dealer(Not premier). They said i could get 900BT with no warranty problems.

I guess whatever dealership applied to be a Pioneer Premier dealer has to ask at least a certain price(to cover the extended warranty) in order to be approved as a Pioneer Premier Dealer. :?:

Thanks for the heads up. I will surely look into that.

The guys I bought it from said they are only charging me 10% above their cost for the unit thats why I got the deal at $860. I figured I wouldn't be able to get that deal anywhere else.

If that store you bought it from isn't a PREMIER dealer, you DONT have warranty. it doesnt matter who they bought from. Otherwise everone would have warranty no matter who they get it from.

If your unit breaks, you need the recepit...when they see an Un-authorized PREMEIR dealer they will tell you tuff luck No Warranty suppot.

Especially with the update "coming" you will want to have Warranty.

Authorized premier dealers and authorized pioneer distributor dealers are contracted by pioneer to sell at a minimum advertised price. If a authorized dealer is caught selling under the minimum advertised price they risk being terminated as a pioneer dealer. $860 is way under the minimum advertised price for a F90BT.

Thanks all.

I will look into this before I open the box. The last pioneer item I had bought from these guys was my Avic-N2 back in 2004 I believe. Never had any warranty issues with that and the unit went in for service twice.

I've never owned a Premier unit so I shall do some more research before I move forward with my install.

I didn't know Authorized Dealers can get in trouble for selling items at cost...

Authorized premier dealers and authorized pioneer distributor dealers are contracted by pioneer to sell at a minimum advertised price. If a authorized dealer is caught selling under the minimum advertised price they risk being terminated as a pioneer dealer. $860 is way under the minimum advertised price for a F90BT.

Actually, what your describing is called price fixing, and that's illegal. Pioneer has no legal right to dictate what a dealer sells their product for. But they can enforce a minimum advertised price policy. If a dealer is caught promoting a price below MAP, then Pioneer can terminate their agreement. That's why you'll often see Fry's and the like advertising a "major name brand" HD TV at a certain price. They would be breaking MAP if they listed the manufacturer.

Actually, what your describing is called price fixing, and that's illegal. Pioneer has no legal right to dictate what a dealer sells their product for. But they can enforce a minimum advertised price policy. If a dealer is caught promoting a price below MAP, then Pioneer can terminate their agreement. That's why you'll often see Fry's and the like advertising a "major name brand" HD TV at a certain price. They would be breaking MAP if they listed the manufacturer.

skicrave is right. He can sell you that unit for $250 and as long as he is a premier dealer he is ok with the 2 year warranty. The map pricing is only for advertised price, you can sell it for whatever you want. I got my unit for $804 out the door, which is 5% below dealer list. I got mine from a level 3 premier dealer who gets 10% below list due to the volume of sales he makes. he hooked me up cause i wanted the 4volt preouts and i could not get it direct from pioneer since I run a shop that is not a premier dealer. We help each other out when needed.