AVIC411.com

Everybody satisfied with the screen?

I've been waiting to see with my own eyes the F-series, and finally my local Fry's has the demo unit.

So I went there yesterday, they had the F700BT sitting side by side with DNX5120 and DNX7120.

Which Fry's was that?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant open my sunroof during the day because i wouldn't be able to see the screen at all. the glare is terrible. Another pet peeve I have is the numbers are all light colors. the time and all the info for the destination are so small and white that you can read them. My Z2 didnt have any of these problems.

Just installed a F700 in a mustang 07 and the screen is indeed difficult to read. It's almost unreadable in daylight condition. it seems to me that the problem may be due to the display viewing angle. During installation (in the garage) it was quite legible since I was directly in front of the unit, but as soon I road tested it I realized I could not even read the map or the text during navigation.

Before installing the F700 I was using a garmin c330 on the dash and the screen was oriented exactly in my direction so the there was no glare, but definitely the LCD screen was better. I guess part of the "problem" is also the high resolution - i.e. smaller text. I'll test a little more at night to see the difference (I have the dim wire hooked up too)

--sav

my fiance's got the F in her 06 stang and theres no problem with readability or glare.

Just installed a F700 in a mustang 07 and the screen is indeed difficult to read. It's almost unreadable in daylight condition. it seems to me that the problem may be due to the display viewing angle. During installation (in the garage) it was quite legible since I was directly in front of the unit, but as soon I road tested it I realized I could not even read the map or the text during navigation.

Before installing the F700 I was using a garmin c330 on the dash and the screen was oriented exactly in my direction so the there was no glare, but definitely the LCD screen was better. I guess part of the "problem" is also the high resolution - i.e. smaller text. I'll test a little more at night to see the difference (I have the dim wire hooked up too)

--sav

my fiance's got the F in her 06 stang and theres no problem with readability or glare.

Thanks for the info. I removed the dimmwer connection since it was apparently not working and I'll try tomorrow to see if it makes any difference. In the garage It did not seem to improve though.

Does the dim work for your fiancee ?

--stoca

Pioneer needs a basic lesson is UI design. The screen is washed out a lot of the time, but worse than that is the lack of contrast in many different aspects. The clock on the navigation screen, the time and distance to destination and countless other aspects would be SO much more useable with a simple change of color to add more contrast between the background and foreground.

--sav

Thanks for the info. I removed the dimmwer connection since it was apparently not working and I'll try tomorrow to see if it makes any difference. In the garage It did not seem to improve though.

Does the dim work for your fiancee ?

--stoca

yep. u hafta adjust it twice, once with the headlights off and once wit the headlights on, and then when you switch between the 2 the brightness will change accordingly

Yeah, the backlight bulb will only get as bright as it physically can. To get any brighter you would have to open up the unit and replace the backlight with a brighter component. True, as it is now, it might be set up that at 10 it's not using the backlight's full potential... but I don't see why it would ever be built like that.

maybe its a precaution to not short out the light? cuz isnt it like any other form of light, bulb or led, too much power can blow it? jus like rms on a sub, it can still go a lil higher before it reaches peak power but constant peak will eventually blow the sub.

but at the same time there seems to be more complaints about the glare and it bein not dim enough. higher brightness wont help the glare issue and the nighttime issue is completely opposite.